Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Season 2

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

mames507
Junior Orbit Guard

Season 3

Post by mames507 »

I wonder how sales for season 2 are going. I imagine they will probely release all of the them despite the negative of the syncated versions
ALFShumway865
Cat Wrangler

Post by ALFShumway865 »

I really hope Lions Gate would just get with it and release the uncut episodes. I'm really tired of losing prescious moments just because they dont want to get off their butts and work to clean the uncut epsiodes up. Even VSC Corp released the uncut versions, so that's telling you that Lions Gate is just plain lazy. In the ending credits to ALF I see alot of moments that were cut out (eg. Like in Wild Things, they cut out the part where Trevor catches Willie making a cage for ALF)
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

Previous post by "ALFShumway865" prompted this idea for another "Special Feature" that I would like to see in future DVD release.

Questions and Answers with ALF (Paul Fusco) where specifically one of questions is, "Why syndicated episodes were used for DVD releases?", and ALF (Paul Fusco) providing their personal explanation.

Mike
mames507
Junior Orbit Guard

season 2

Post by mames507 »

I have a question did they edit any parts of the Alf special Christmas episode? I have only seen that once before I got the DVDs. I did however notice they edited the Night Train episode alot rhough.
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

mames507,

Although I have not found time yet to watch episodes appearing on the "ALF - Season Two" DVD set, I would think it is unlikely that "ALF's Christmas Special" would be uncut version. due to disclaimer that ALL episodes are syndicated versions.

If you want uncut version of ALF's Christmas Special", consider buying the "ALF Files" DVD. I know for sure the three two-part episodes (including ALF's Christmas Special) on this DVD are the uncut versions.

Mike
artemis_kunzite
Phlegm Dealer

Post by artemis_kunzite »

Admin wrote:That is great news! I'm dissapointed about the syndicated episodes, but I'm still excited nonetheless. Hopefully I can dig some time out of my weekend schedule to inform everyone on the mailing list so they can put in a pre-order or something.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN WITH THAT? o.o, i mean, in the first dvd the episodes have benn edited!?
ak
ALF Fanatic
Cat Wrangler

Post by ALF Fanatic »

Uncut or not, I was thrilled when season two of "ALF" came out on DVD. After year, I'm ready for anything. I'v got a weird story. On the day Bob Denver died, I saw the Gilligan's Island Tribute episode.