Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Shumway (An ALF revival Fanfic)

If you are creating an ALF story feel free to post it here for other fans to read and comment. Fan art belongs here as well. Only constructive criticism is allowed is allowed in this forum.

Moderator: Administration Team

Adeline McQuack
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 2020

Shumway (An ALF revival Fanfic)

Post by Adeline McQuack »

So, for a little while, I’ve envisioned what an ALF revival would look like, and only last month, I finally converted my ideas from thoughts to a document. The idea is basically what Gordon would be doing if Project ALF wasn’t canon. The plot for the series goes like this: Ever since Gordon was captured, he has resided at Edward’s Alien Task Force Base. He works in the fields, suffering from the hot California heat. He frequently gets in trouble with his overseers and Mr. Ziegfeld, the head of Edwards base. He doesn’t go through this alone, as his only friend at the base is Zack Shumway, his cousin, who does the same work as Gordon. One day, after scoring Edwards a bad rating with an inspector, he decides to escape. His escape is successful, and he travels to Los Angeles. He has two goals: To find the Tanners and make all known Melmacian survivors legal aliens. Of course, he now faces a new challenge - the modern human world. Oh, and his relationship with cats may change…

I’ve already wrote a premise for the first episode of the show. I decided that the episode names would still be the titles of songs - The first episode has been titled “Xscape”. Here’s a link to the story (It’s a little darker than the sitcom, but after the first few episodes, I plan on making it more like the sitcom): https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14086254/1/Shumway

If you liked it, I’m working on the next episode. Stay tuned :wink:
"Naaaah, that's stupid...I'll do it anyway."
-Gordon Shumway
Adeline McQuack
Apprentice Lint Brush

Re: Shumway (An ALF revival Fanfic)

Chapter 2 is up, if anyone's interested.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14086254/2/Shumway

I don't know why it took me so long to write this chapter, but I eventually got it done. I'm working on Chapter 3, so if you're interested, stay tuned.
-Gordon Shumway
Arian
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1995

Post by Arian »

Hello,

This is really a great job. I liked it. I hope chapter 3 will be out soon.
Sollen
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1995

Post by Sollen »

Hello,

I congratulate you for this little book. I can't wait to read the third chapter.
Adeline McQuack
Apprentice Lint Brush

So I finally got finished with Chapter 3. It's published, if you're interested.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14086254/3/Shumway

Also, thanks for the feedback. It kinda helps to know what people think of it. Chapter 4 is in the works. :wink:
-Gordon Shumway
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

Awesome! Nice to read more about Blinky :)
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
Phill445
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 2001

Post by Phill445 »

The plot of the series sounds really interesting, with Gordon trying to escape the Alien Task Force base and navigate the modern human world. I took a look at the link you provided and can't wait to see what you come up with!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My website on this page
Adeline McQuack
Apprentice Lint Brush

Chapter 4 is finished and published. This chapter is kind of reminiscent of the pilot of the original show, so it feels a bit more like a sitcom. If you're interested, here's the link:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14086254/4/Shumway

Again, thanks for the feedback. I'm currently working on Chapter 5.
-Gordon Shumway
Adeline McQuack
Apprentice Lint Brush

So…I kinda took a break over the summer writing the fifth chapter, but it’s done! I’m not going to spoil it for you, but I’m sure you’ll like it. Here’s the link:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14086254/5/Shumway

It’s done just in time for Gordon’s birthday! 267 years young, I believe.
-Gordon Shumway
Adeline McQuack
Apprentice Lint Brush

I believe I'm going to end the story here. I tried to continue it, but the way I started it just kind of messed up how I wanted the rest to be.

Let me explain. When I began Shumway in 2022, it was merely a concept and had some editing to do. Originally, I meant for Gordon to escape the base and then wind up in LA, where he would wander around a bit until he would get a job at a Terry Faith outlet in a mall. However, that concept would be hard to do - How is Gordon supposed to hide? So, I gave up on that one. Then, I decided that he would live with Eric Tanner in Cocoa Beach, but the entire concept still needed some working on.

I really didn't want to end the story so abruptly, but here we are. I may add an epilogue to the story purely for closure, as I feel that the previously posted chapter was a decent end.

But it doesn't just end there. I'm still working on the Shumway concept. I'm in the process of writing a series bible. I've already written a script draft for the pilot and have just finished the editing process. Although I am finished with it, I will not post it publicly, as I fear that someone would plagiarize it (not anybody on here...just other people browsing on the internet :wink: ). My dream is to have either Paul Fusco or Tom Patchett (or both, but I'm trying to be a little realistic here) read the script. In the meantime, though, I may add the premise of the series on here or something similar. But, for now, thank you to all of you who read the original fan-fiction story. I hope you enjoyed it :D .
-Gordon Shumway