Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Correct Order of Episodes ???

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

Nickwpearce
Apprentice Lint Brush

Correct Order of Episodes ???

Post by Nickwpearce »

Hi Guys/Gals

Just a quick question about the episodes being all over the place on the dvd's, I understand that the dvds have them in production order and that makes them not continue very well, What I have done is ripped the episodes to my pc and then tried to put them in air date order (watching through my x360).

Anyways even in air date order season 1 has the 'Try to Remember' Episode midway through and it shows you flashbacks of episodes that have not aired yet... makes no sense

Then the episode 'Its not easy being green' is towards the end of the season and lynn has her braces on again...

basically my question is, what order should the episodes be in? Should i just move them around slightly after putting them in air date order? I know i got to fix them in season 3 cause watching the dvd release with the baby being born was messing with my head

if anyone has any ideas thanks
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Re: Correct Order of Episodes ???

Post by ALFanatic »

Nickwpearce,

Glad to have you join us on the Forum. As for correct order of ALF TV Series episodes, my personal preference is to have episodes arranged in "air date" order; however, in reaIity, i doubt most ALF fans today are deeeply concerned about any correct chronological order, since they likely choose to watch a few favorite or random episodes when the mood strikes them and time is available.

Personally, I ignore the few idiosyncracies in time line resulting for scripts written and episodes shot that appear on DVDs in "production", rather than "air date" order. For me, I simply enjoy sitting down with a beverage and snack of choice to laugh at ALF's wacky behavior, abrasive personality, and corny jokes in individual episodes without any thought given to past. or future, time line.

Relax - remember you are watching a furry, little Alien (who eats cats) that crash landed here on Earth. Why should anything be taken too seriously with that storyline?

Mike
obiesarmywife
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Re: Correct Order of Episodes ???

Post by obiesarmywife »

Yea I've been doing a rewatch and find the continuity a little annoying in season 2 Kate's hair is all over the place short, long, long, short ect i was hoping someone had worked out the episode order like they did for saved by the bell cause it's crazy all over also lol