Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

ALF's Out of This World Marathon!

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

melmacian56
ALF Fan Since: Forever

ALF's Out of This World Marathon!

Post by melmacian56 »

Hello everyone!

I'm surprised that there hasn't been a lot of talk on here about ALF's Out of This World Marathon airing tonight at 8 PM ET on shoutfactorytv.com

That's right! Every single episode of ALF will be airing back to back starting tonight hosted by ALF himself with newly recorded segments! So raid your fridge and get ready to spend the entire weekend enjoying your favorite alien. Remember, there's NO SLEEP ALLOWED! (just kidding!)

I do have a question for any of you out there planning to tune in. Is anyone going to be recording any of the newly recorded segments? I'm going to miss a fair bit of the marathon due to my work schedule. It would really be unfortunate if this was a one time thing and if you didn't tune in you would miss out.

I'm really excited for this marathon but it's unfortunate I'm going to miss some of it due to work commitments. I'm very happy Shout Factory is showing us all the love and bringing back our favorite alien.

What are your thoughts about the upcoming marathon?
"Oops, I made a boo boo".
stevieray89
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 2008

Re: ALF's Out of This World Marathon!

Post by stevieray89 »

I wanted to ask, are these the actual uncut episodes? Or is Shout going the Lionsgate route and being cheap by only using the syndicated prints? I’m happy I have the uncut ones ripped from the German sets but please tell me Shout is doing ALF justice by releasing the FULL ORIGINAL episodes? Even the original Try to Remember? Or is that never ever going to get a remaster? I can’t believe they even had ALF do a little PSA at the end but it still wasn’t enough 🤦‍♂️
melmacian56

Post by melmacian56 »

There hasn't been any clarity on which version of the episodes will be used. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the syndicated versions but who knows? Maybe Shout will surprise us!
stevieray89
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by stevieray89 »

I don’t see why they can’t get the uncut episodes, seeing as though they DO exist. How else were they able to release them in Germany? With everything Shout has released over the years, they have to be the uncut ones! I’ve never been disappointed with anything they’ve released. They released the remaining 3 seasons of The Nanny in 2016, after Sony just stopped releasing them after 2009. The Sony version of The Nanny season 3 has edited music, with stock music in its place (which ruined some jokes!) but the Shout version has the original songs. In season 4-6, they have a lot of different songs (like during flashbacks and montages) and had Sony released them with stock music as a replacement, I would’ve been really upset.
stevieray89
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by stevieray89 »

Well it looks like they’re syndicated 🤦‍♂️ They posted the “full” pilot on YouTube and it was 21 minutes. Just … why?
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

I'm bummed that I'm booked tight with gigs this weekend! I'm pushing my marathon to Easter weekend :(
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
melmacian56

Post by melmacian56 »

I've watched 6 episodes so far. I definitely noticed missing footage (The Boy Next Door). Also, the commercial breaks are annoying and show the SAME clips every time. They also keep repeating the same two ALF segments over and over again where he talks about smart TV's and the ability to DVR marathons. I was expecting something more along the lines of brief episode intros or even some trivia facts.
stevieray89
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by stevieray89 »

So out of those 6, only one of them had missing footage?
melmacian56

Post by melmacian56 »

Nope. I also noticed Can I Get A Witness? was altered. They are definitely using the syndicated episodes.
stevieray89
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by stevieray89 »

🤦‍♂️

Disappointed in Shout! factory.

Thank God for the German sets at least … but seriously … why couldn’t Shout get access to the full episodes? I just don’t understand.
melmacian56

Post by melmacian56 »

I just watched the final episode of the marathon. Very disappointed! No closing remarks or any at all from ALF on the final episode. After the credits rolled they aired a commercial and the marathon restarted! In total I think I seen maybe 4-5 different ALF segments and they were very brief and dull. I was expecting a lot more from the new segments with ALF. If they wouldn't have aired the same commercials and segments over and over again I think it could have been a lot better marathon. I mean, I appreciate ALF getting attention again but this marathon could have been so much more.