Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

ALF Legos?

If your ALF-related post does not fit into any of the other forums, or you do not know where to put it, this is the place!

Moderator: Administration Team

TESTMACORONI
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 2000

ALF Legos?

Post by TESTMACORONI »

Someone on this LEGO website wants to make an ALF Lego set and if they get 10,000 supporters by June 18th then Lego may make it a reality!
Check it out:
https://ideas.lego.com/projects/df57f3e ... 52b691766c

"Oh, that's just nuclear waste for my spaceship. Hey, don't worry. Life on this planet will exist as long as that little lid doesn't pop off..."
"...Oh, wait a minute. These are my crayons."
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Re: ALF Legos?

Post by ALFicionado »

Oh my God, that's awesome! I think they did the same for The Golden Girls.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
Calmly Taken Flame
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by Calmly Taken Flame »

That is pretty awesome, even though he looks like a mud covered Princess Leia in the 2nd pic, and with those ears !

Not sure where that location is supposed to be, and thought the main room in the house would be the setting.

I`ll say the same thing I did in my last post - 6 years later, did this ever happen ?!
Adeline McQuack
Cat Wrangler
ALF Fan Since: 2020

Post by Adeline McQuack »

I don't believe it did. Also, I believe the set is supposed to take place in the kitchen. I love the fact that the designer of this idea put the little window between the kitchen and the living room that ALF pops into a lot in the idea.
"Naaaah, that's too stupid...I'll do it anyway."
-Gordon Shumway
Calmly Taken Flame
Phlegm Dealer

Of course ! the kitchen ! how did I not see this ?! I blame the colour scheme, and the absence of a large fridge !

I like this even more now, and want one !

If only they`d just release an ALF Lego figure, I could probably recreate this with all the Lego I have !
AlfAlfa_26
Cat Wrangler
ALF Fan Since: 2014

Post by AlfAlfa_26 »

Actually they never made this. It's from Lego Ideas, where you can submit your own ideas. If you reach 10000 supporters, Lego will review your idea and maybe will make it an official set. But there were good ideas over the years that gathered 10000 supporters and Lego still didn't make it. Last year this happened to a Money Bin set that I would have loved to have.

You can see the old expired and not approved ideas by changing the filter, so that you won't see only the new ones.

Even though this old ALF project didn't make it back then, there are new ALF projects hoping for support right now:

https://ideas.lego.com/search/global_se ... F&sort=top
ALF
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2005

Post by ALF »

Very cool! I wish it was available, but I know that ALF is a pretty niche interest these days and it probably wouldn't sell too well other than among us diehard fans. Here's a more complete set LEGO Idea that isn't expired yet, and also includes the living room: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/da1c7ed ... c838deaf95
Calmly Taken Flame
Phlegm Dealer

Wasn`t that long ago, that Lego was falling behind, and people just didn`t want it anymore.

And then they link up with pretty much every character in every film and tv show ever made, and are probably one
of the best selling toys, that are around right now. Those bloody awful f**ko poops are the same, just throwing any
old name and face on there, and making silly money from people who just have to have them.

We just need a Lego ALF character, surely someone can make that happen ?!

If I type Lego ALF often enough, it might affect an algorithim somewhere, so Lego ALF Lego ALF Lego ALF !!

On the subject of the kitchen, which I still can`t believe I didn`t spot right away ! I was watching an episode last night, and
Kate was in the corner to the left of the window, and the camera panned a bit far left, and you could see a glass cabinet in
that area, next to the counter, so there must be quite a bit of space there that we never got to see.

There`s another thread, where someone mentioned I think 30 seconds into the opening credits for series 1&2, where you can see
the edge of the set in the top left corner, and I forgot to go back and check if that cabinet is showing in that shot.
ALF
Junior Orbit Guard

Post by ALF »

Calmly Taken Flame wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:20 amIf I type Lego ALF often enough, it might affect an algorithim somewhere, so Lego ALF Lego ALF Lego ALF !!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think regardless of whether LEGO releases an official set, us fans can create our own!
Calmly Taken Flame
Phlegm Dealer

I might give it a try !

Although, I might need to carefully melt my Lego Chewbacca & Jawa figures, to craft an ALF that looks passable ! :lol: :lol:
ALF
Junior Orbit Guard

Post by ALF »

Haha, yes, I have yet to see an ALF LEGO figurine that looks accurate.