Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

I wish ALF was real!

If your ALF-related post does not fit into any of the other forums, or you do not know where to put it, this is the place!

Moderator: Administration Team

XXBadMushroomXX
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: for a while now

I wish ALF was real!

Post by XXBadMushroomXX »

Don't you wish alf was a real alien? I do
I always imagined ALF crashing into my house and
Him being my friend!
Debbie_Anne
Asteroid Polisher
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Re: I wish ALF was real!

Post by Debbie_Anne »

If ALF were real, I think he'd wear out his welcome pretty fast. While ALF is funny on TV, having to live with him 24/7 would be rather annoying and economically draining, between all of the home repairs and trying to buy enough food for someone with eight stomachs who will revert back to a feral (yet still smart-alecky) state or implode if he doesn't eat enough.
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by samstokes80 »

Good points, Debbie Anne!

Of course, when I was a kid watching the show, I wanted ALF to be real and be my friend, but as Willie stated, "Isn't it amazing how quickly wonderment turns into annoyance?" (paraphrase) :lol:
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

I think he'd be worth the trouble :)
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2002

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

yeah, I wish more then anything that ALF was real, I think he make a good roommate to keep me company when I'm down, despite his messiness and constant consumption of food. :)
let's face it, I'm unforgettable!
robodog
Cat Wrangler

Post by robodog »

I love Alf but being on a fixed income I can barely afford to feed myself, let alone an alien with multiple stomachs. And that's not even taking into consideration Alf's destructive tendencies. Plus I have two cats which would find themselves constantly under attack were we to suddenly find ourselves living under the same roof with a certain Melmacian. My Furbys pretty much satisfy my need to have a talking furry thing around and they don't cost anything to feed.
Meddle not in the affairs of animatronic beasts for you are crunchy and make an excellent fuel source
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

lol. yeah, having two cats and a cat eating alien under one roof would be kind of chaotic and yeah, buying food for the black hole of a stomach he has would be kind of expensive, but I think it would be worth it.
robodog
Cat Wrangler

Post by robodog »

Oh it would definately be worth it if you could afford it. And one of my cats is kind of annoying. Having Alf around to threaten to feed him to might help keep the cat in line.
Meddle not in the affairs of animatronic beasts for you are crunchy and make an excellent fuel source
Alflover24/7
Asteroid Polisher
ALF Fan Since: I was born

Post by Alflover24/7 »

XXBadMushroomXX wrote:Don't you wish alf was a real alien? I do
I always imagined ALF crashing into my house and
Him being my friend!
Yes as long as he doesn't eat the cat!
He's quick I'll give him that!
robodog
Cat Wrangler

Post by robodog »

I often threaten to ship my cats to Melmac when they misbehave. Which is all the time. Although honestly, if Alf was around I wouldn't allow him to eat my own cats, but I wouldn't begrudge him from eating any strays he would happen across any more than I begrudge my cats for eating mice. Nature is nature.
ALF'sgirl
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: June 24 2013

Post by ALF'sgirl »

Funny, I actually found myself asking my little brother "don't you wish ALF was real?" and then he just stared at me and went "Yeah!" (I'm paraphrasing, of course)
"You got a cat?"
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

robodog wrote:I often threaten to ship my cats to Melmac when they misbehave. Which is all the time. Although honestly, if Alf was around I wouldn't allow him to eat my own cats, but I wouldn't begrudge him from eating any strays he would happen across any more than I begrudge my cats for eating mice. Nature is nature.
yeah, I never got why the tanners didn't let ALF eat cats, of course they won't allow him to eat lucky because that their cat, but they could at least let him eat strays. I'm sure he does not eat them raw they most pictures of ALF portray it as, but he probably eats them the same way we humans eat cows, chickens and pigs.
robodog
Cat Wrangler

Post by robodog »

My guess is that they see it as immoral, which, unless they are vegeterians, is kind of hypocritical. Meat's meat. Even on Earth some cultures eat cats, dogs and horses, animals usually off limits to Americans. I wouldn't put eating a raw cat past Alf, but if he needed to prepare and cook them the way we do cows and chickens that would be another snag. I couldn't blame the Tanners for not wanting their appliances used to cook cats. If someone baked a cat in my oven the thought of eating anything else that was cooked in that oven would be kind of sickening.
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

mmm...yeah, I see what you mean, I guess they see it as immoral because of the thought of eating an animal they treat like family, but it is kind of hypocritical because they eat meat too. and yeah, good point about them not letting ALF just the appliances to cook cats, the thought of cooking something where a cat was in would be sickening.