Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Mrs. O

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

Alfster
Asteroid Polisher

Mrs. O

Post by Alfster »

What happened to Mrs. O?

Why did Alf in "Help Me Rhonda" say "goodbye Mrs. O where ever you may be?"

Did she die during the first season or something?
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

Hi, Mrs. Ochmonek (Liz Sheridan) did not die during the series...she was a regular guest star for all four seasons. ALF saying "goodbye" was just a goofy thing they added to be funny...it was funny for the reason being that ALF didn't exactly "know" Mrs. O. - although a few encounters here and there as you already know.

Great episode!!! Then again they're all great.
Alfster
Asteroid Polisher

Post by Alfster »

The reason I asked was that in the next episode,O Tannerbaum, Mr. O came over by himself without her. And I wasn't sure if the episodes on the DVD were in teh correct airing order
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

Alfster,

You have to be older to recall that this line is a parody to the days of black&white TV when Jimmy Durante closed each of his shows with the line, "Good night Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are."

Mike
Alfster
Asteroid Polisher

Post by Alfster »

That explains why myself or my wife didnt understand. Still confuses me why she wasnt on the next episode either. Maybe she was sick for tose tapings you think possibly?
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

Alfster,

You have to be older to recall that this line is a parody to the days of black&white TV when Jimmy Durante closed each of his shows with the line, "Good night Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are."

Mike
lol, forgot about that...that brings back some fond (old) memories...although I've only seen JD a handful of times (I was too young for black and white TV).

That explains why myself or my wife didnt understand. Still confuses me why she wasnt on the next episode either. Maybe she was sick for tose tapings you think possibly?
She probably just wasn't written into the script...there are several episodes that don't have either of the Ochmoneks in them; they were considered regular guest stars, not really members of the cast.
Alfster
Asteroid Polisher

Post by Alfster »

Now that i think of it yes they were guest stars because they would be in the closing credits not the opening credits