Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

ALF The Movie

If your ALF-related post does not fit into any of the other forums, or you do not know where to put it, this is the place!

Moderator: Administration Team

samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Re: ALF The Movie

Post by samstokes80 »

I'm not sure... I'm trying to infer what Paul is saying about the story from the quotes in the interview. It sound like at least part of the story will be background of his life on Melmac. I have been thinking for a while that a prequel story would be really cool. He did say something about ALF possibly being with a new family. I'm not sure how this would work, and actually I'm not sure I dig the idea - mostly because I don't see how it would fit the story. I hope he's not planning to reboot the story, ousting the Tanners. Perhaps he goes to live with a new family after he becomes an ambassador? I suppose that could work.

Another story line that might be cool, would be ALF trying to meet up with his friends on the new Melmac colony. We never did find out what became of him and Rhonda.
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by Jessica »

The Melmac part sounds rather interesting, but I'm not really iunto the new family idea.
Worm Raider
Cat Wrangler

Post by Worm Raider »

I was never really that excited about the idea of a prequel. I think a lot of ALF's charm is in his character and observations of earth and those around him. I enjoyed his stories and quips from his life on Melmac, but ALF amongst his own people doesn't seem as entertaining to me. I think he'd lose his individuality and the world around him would draw attention away. The only way I would like to see this would be with the movie starting on Melmac shortly before he leaves and it is destroyed. It would lead to his crash landing on the Tanners garage roof and then the movie could fast forward to present day. As for the new family that Paul mentioned in the interview, I could see that working with the many changes over the years. It could set up a multi-film arc or lead into a new sitcom (which I find less likely considering that was what Project: ALF was supposed to do). I would like to see some kind of inclusion of Skip and Rhonda whether it being him finally leaving to settle on the new planet at the end or whether they get in contact and he decides he wants to stay on Earth. As I had stated before, I would really love to see Willie Tanner have a cameo. They had great chemistry and it would finally give the chance to see a true goodbye that we didn't get with the series finale due to the cliffhanger ruining it and the passing reference in Project: ALF. However, that relies heavily on Max Wright being open to the idea. Since it would be nothing more than a small appearance, I think it could be a strong possibility. I wouldn't really care as much about the rest of the family as the children are practically unrecognizable now and I never found Kate as important to the dynamic as Willie was.
Ha! I kill me!
ALFIsMyIdol
Phlegm Dealer

Post by ALFIsMyIdol »

I have to agree with Worm Raider. I think that most of the funny parts came from how ALF dealt with life on Earth. The new family thing: don't like it. Still I hardly think that Benji Gregory or Andrea Elson would return since they obviously hated working on it. Still I would love to see Max back on the screen (he's one of my most favorite actors). Finger-crossed, waiting to see.
That ain't a vision of love, it's a yoghurt commercial !
Debbie_Anne
Asteroid Polisher

Post by Debbie_Anne »

It's hard to say what direction an ALF movie could (or should) take. Just recreating the TV show would make for a rather limited premise for a feature film. Doing a film set on Melmac would be just rehashing the cartoon series. Perhaps a little of both ideas would make for an interesting story, although not in a way that resembles the Howard the Duck movie, which unfortunately could be possible.
Worm Raider
Cat Wrangler

Post by Worm Raider »

Debbie_Anne wrote:It's hard to say what direction an ALF movie could (or should) take. Just recreating the TV show would make for a rather limited premise for a feature film. Doing a film set on Melmac would be just rehashing the cartoon series. Perhaps a little of both ideas would make for an interesting story, although not in a way that resembles the Howard the Duck movie, which unfortunately could be possible.
Now who wouldn't want a Howard the Duck 2? :wink:
In all seriousness though, I'm sure they'll find the right story to fit ALF. While I'm pulling for it not to be completely set on Melmac or to replace the puppet with CGI, I'll be line to grab a ticket either way. Obviously, no one knows ALF better than Paul Fusco so it'll be entertaining as always. I just hope it becomes a success so there will be other projects.
Ha! I kill me!
XXBadMushroomXX
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: for a while now

Post by XXBadMushroomXX »

Well I can't wait for the movie but a new family no! I would like
The family to be the tanners or the two people who
Busted ALF outta the military base from Project Alf!
I hope it's not a reboot though that would suck! But I wouldn't
Mind if it was a prequel though
mames507
Junior Orbit Guard

Post by mames507 »

Lookin forward to the alf movie. Hope it is a prequel and find out what life was like on melmac.
ALFIsMyIdol
Phlegm Dealer

Post by ALFIsMyIdol »

Didn't you watch the animated show ?

P.S. Being that there is little chance of returning the Tanners I think it's better for it to be a prequel than a reboot.
That ain't a vision of love, it's a yoghurt commercial !
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

I'd like to see at least ONE cameo appearance from a regular cast member of the sitcom (Max Wright, Anne Schedeen, Andrea Elson, Ben Hertzberg, or Liz Sheridan...John La Motta would be a fat chance I think). I think Max Wright or Liz Sheridan would be the only two who would even be interested should it ever happen.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

I would love a cameo, especially by Max Wright. Since he's on good speaking terms with Paul Fusco, I hope they can work something out. I bet Paul knows that would mean a lot to us fans.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
Ol' ALFer
Asteroid Polisher

Post by Ol' ALFer »

That is strange....on the preview posters to promote the New ALF movie, it has the website alf-movie.com and when I typed it in and clicked on it, guess where I went......this website!!(ALF TV)
Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Admin »

I had the opportunity to buy the alfmovie.com domain name a year or two ago...thought it was such a long shot that I wasn't going to spend the money on it. I'm kicking myself now! Not really a big deal though, we'll make due. I contacted the guy that owns it, and he's looking for big bucks to sell it (I won't pay that, and I'm pretty sure nobody else will either...think he just blew $10.99 :lol: ).
Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Admin »

Here is Mark's latest movie poster (for those of you that haven't been keeping up on Facebook). I shared it on my ALF Facebook page and it's been viewed by 6000 people, liked over 260 times, and shared over 110 times.

Way to go Mark!!! Hopefully your poster goes viral, it's off to a great start!
Attachments
ALF Movie Poster.jpg
Bring Back ALF
Junior Orbit Guard

Post by Bring Back ALF »

Wow! Thanks for the stats I didn't realise it had been viewed that many times!

If Sony pictures need a graphic designer please let me know! :D

Got a great idea for the next one just need to find the right imagery...
"Find out what you don't do well and don't do it!" Gordon Shumway Sept 86

www.instagram.com/bringbackalf/
https://www.facebook.com
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

Nice work as always!
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/