Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Isnt it funny?

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

mames507
Junior Orbit Guard

Isnt it funny?

Post by mames507 »

I like how some of the orignal alf actors have come out and said they hated the show and that it was there worst thing they ever did aka Trevor and someone else i forgot who it was. But they havent done anything since. Alf made them guys lots of money and they shouldnt be so harsh to the show. Like Benji Gregory said he is set for life thanks to alf so Trevor should shut up and thank those that made him all that money. I hope when they make the movie as least Willie or brian make some kindave way but i have early rumors that max wright will make some kind of cameo in the movie. But time will tell
ALFIsMyIdol
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Re: Isnt it funny?

Post by ALFIsMyIdol »

Max Wright did some great work post-Alf (in small roles yes but he was a scene thief).

John La Motta did lots of work before (and after) Alf in those low budget films. Saw one some time ago on MGM channel.

I saw Anne Schedeen in some TV films afterwords. I mainly remember her by 'If Tomorrow Comes' (ALF was of course better).

Andrea Elson I only saw in Mad About You afterwords.

Benji Gregory retired didn't he ?

Of course Liz Sheridan is something of a TV icon. She appeared in 'Moonlighting', 'Seinfeld', 'Murder she Wrote', 'The A Team' and lots more.

All in all my favorite is Max Wright. His great post Alf credits include: Murder she Wrote, Ghostwriter, Quantum Leap, The Stand, The Shadow, Friends, A Midsummer's Night Dream, Snow Falling on Cedars and The Norm Show.
That ain't a vision of love, it's a yoghurt commercial !
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

I don't think mames07 was being literal about them not having done anything since, perhaps he meant they haven't had a big part (main cast) in anything that has become as big as ALF was back in the day.

I would like to know who the other cast member is who has said that ALF was the worst work he/she ever did though. I know they were pretty harsh on the show in the People Magazine issue, but none of them said anything like that to my knowledge.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
mames507
Junior Orbit Guard

Post by mames507 »

Yea that is what i meant. Thanks. I went back and read that article and there wasnt anyone else who said nothing negative. I did however reconize some one eles in a movie i watched. That guy that played in the episode night train also played in Batman he was the jack nickelson's side kick bob.
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by samstokes80 »

John LaMotta (Trevor Ochmonek) is really the only person that made a particularly harsh comment about the show - saying it was a "piece of s***." As far as the comments made in People Magazine - I don't hold it against them. It seems that it was a really difficult set to work on. I hear it's pretty long hours working on just about any sitcom, but the technical side of ALF made the hours even longer.
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

Andrea Elson I only saw in Mad About You afterwords.

Benji Gregory retired didn't he ?
Andrew Elson was on Married With Children as well. Benji Gregory got out of acting - heard he was in the Navy for a short time. Also heard that, as of last month, he and his wife are no longer together...sad news.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

mames507 wrote:Yea that is what i meant. Thanks. I went back and read that article and there wasnt anyone else who said nothing negative. I did however reconize some one eles in a movie i watched. That guy that played in the episode night train also played in Batman he was the jack nickelson's side kick bob.
Oh yeah, that guy has had bit parts in a lot of movies over the years. His name is Tracey Walter and you can see him in Conan The Destroyer & Junior, to name a couple of other appearances.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/