Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

original episodes?

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

Blinky2011
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1986

original episodes?

Post by Blinky2011 »

Hi all, I did a quick forum search and wasn't able to find an answer. Is there any chance of the ORIGINAL UNCUT episodes ever seeing the light of day for a dvd release? Last I knew there was some legal fight or something over them... It's nice to have the dvd's but when you're like me and KNOW there are lines and sometimes entire stretches of dialog missing, it makes one's soul cry lol.

I'd gladly sit here and download each episode individually if I could find some super secret server online where they all waited for me lol.
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Re: original episodes?

Post by ALFicionado »

Blinky2011 wrote:Hi all, I did a quick forum search and wasn't able to find an answer. Is there any chance of the ORIGINAL UNCUT episodes ever seeing the light of day for a dvd release? Last I knew there was some legal fight or something over them... It's nice to have the dvd's but when you're like me and KNOW there are lines and sometimes entire stretches of dialog missing, it makes one's soul cry lol.

I'd gladly sit here and download each episode individually if I could find some super secret server online where they all waited for me lol.
Germany have the complete series uncut and available for purchase on DVD. They started to release them back in 2009 and the fourth and last season was released last year. They are available on both Amazon.de and Ebay.de.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
ALFIsMyIdol
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Re: original episodes?

Post by ALFIsMyIdol »

These days almost all great (older) shows get cut DVD releases: ALF, The Odd Couple, Mash e.t.c. because of royalties. When the studios finally decide to pay up we will get better releases but for now we have to satisfy ourselves with foreign releases, old tapes and memories :| .
That ain't a vision of love, it's a yoghurt commercial !