Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

1990 cartoon allstars

Discuss anything regarding ALF on the Internet here. If you have a favorite ALF site you want to share, or even an ALF YouTube video this is the place!

Moderator: Administration Team

Dukeboy320
Asteroid Polisher
ALF Fan Since: 1998

1990 cartoon allstars

Post by Dukeboy320 »

twangle

Re: 1990 cartoon allstars

Post by twangle »

ok explain to everyone?
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander
ALF Fan Since: 2008

Post by ALFan »

What does this have to do with anything?
-ALFan-
CirothUngol
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by CirothUngol »

...no one responded?

Cartoon All-Stars to the Recue was a 30 minute Made-for-TV anti-drug special that aired on multiple stations at the same time. It was a joint effort between multiple animation studios and had many of the major Saturday-Morning cartoon stars from the time... including ALF (as Gordo Shumway). Now rather legendary, it also starred another one of my favorite cartoon stars, Garfield! There's even a scene where ALF threatens to eat the lazy feline if he doesn't help out. HA!
This was required viewing in many schools and work-trainings at the time of the VHS release... well worth the investment of viewing time.
Me: I love my cat.
Alf: ...with mustard or ketchup?
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by samstokes80 »

I was in 5th grade when this came out. It wasn't required viewing at my school, but it was simultaneously aired on all the major networks when it premiered. I remember thinking it was creepy when I was a kid, although I certainly understood the message they were trying to convey. I watched it again recently and it still seems creepy. I wonder if it was at all effective at discouraging kids from doing drugs.