Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

ALF Files DVD

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

mmurray500
Apprentice Lint Brush

ALF Files DVD

Post by mmurray500 »

I just purchased the DVD and played it for the first time today. What a hoot! But...I could not get the commentary (special feature) to work. The cast bios read fine, but no audio commentary on the "Try to Remember" episode. Has anyone else experienced this? I am wondering if the DVD may be defective? I am also contacting the seller.
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

Are you sure your DVD is an original? There have been some sellers selling "fake" DVDs on eBay. Definitely contact the seller to see if you can exchange it...in the meantime I'll put out some "feelers" and see if anyone else has experienced that same problem. If I find anyone who has I'll post again. Good luck!
mmurray500
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by mmurray500 »

Thx for the reply. After checking with a friend of mine, I found that my "problem" was "operator error". Once I set up the commentary correctly, it was a real hoot to hear. The dvd was new, never opened. I had contacted the dvd manufacturer/distributor, and was pleasantly surprised to hear that the company was willing to process a return/replacement. I hope that future ALF episodes will be here soon.
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

That's good to hear! I really LOVE that DVD (except how they changed the beginning in Try to Remember - the whole thing with the electric mixer, they must not have felt that it was suitable for children). Glad to hear you got it working. Hmmm, I think I might go watch mine right now lol

Sorry for the late initial reply...my computer crashed early last week (I've had to borrow my parent's computer when I've got the time). Oh well, live and learn.
Dane

What did they change?

Post by Dane »

How was the begining of "try to remember" changed?
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

Dane,

In the "original" episode of "TRY TO REMEMBER", ALF takes an electric mixer with him for his bath, hoping to improvise a whirling hot tub, and suffers memory loss from near electrocution.

In syndicated versions of this episode, ALF takes a hand mixer with him for his bath, hoping to improvise a whirling hot tub, and suffers memory loss from a fall where he hits his head.

Mike