Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

21.7 million

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

Bring Back ALF
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 1986

21.7 million

Post by Bring Back ALF »

"Find out what you don't do well and don't do it!" Gordon Shumway Sept 86

www.instagram.com/bringbackalf/
https://www.facebook.com
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Re: 21.7 million

Post by Admin »

Neat, I didn't even know that! Not that high of a number (if you compare ALF to the shows on the top of the list), but considering how many shows there have been in the history of television, being #25 is certainly a feat!
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
melmacian56
ALF Fan Since: Forever

Post by melmacian56 »

Wow! Seeing that number is good but also depressing. 21.7 million is A LOT of viewers! It's depressing the show got cancelled with that high of a number for the finale. That kind of rating in todays TV is like a blessing. I see shows on NBC and CBS that are only scoring like 5-6 million viewers an episode these days.
"Oops, I made a boo boo".
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

WHAT?! Are those numbers reliable?? I mean, people didn't even know it would be the last episode of ALF ever, right? I thought season 3 & 4's numbers were declining a little bit. That sounds like quite a huge lift in the ratings!
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
melmacian56
ALF Fan Since: Forever

Post by melmacian56 »

I know Axel eh? It seems unreal but if it was true that is pretty incredible. I dont even think 24 or Lost had those numbers.

Actually I just checked and Lost only had 13.6 million viewers for its finale. So 21.7 million for ALF is incredible!!! I wish we could get confirmation from Paul Fusco on that number. ALF being one of the Top 25 most watched Finales of all time is actually quite a huge achievement!
"Oops, I made a boo boo".
Iggy
Phlegm Dealer

Post by Iggy »

Wow that's a huge achievement, and I'm guessing it would be placed even higher if that episode was announced as the series finale.

It's also nice to see Star Trek TNG up there on the 17th spot. Pity Voyager is waaay back on the 97th... Though it shows you what internet and torrents are doing to the television nowdays. Only 3 series made between 2000/2010 are in the top30. It would probably explain the low position of Lost.
On the 82nd day of Christmas my true love gave to me 81 cats a-Broiling, 80 cats a-Baking,
79 cats a-Toasting, 78 cats a-Boiling, 77 cats a-Sizzling, 76 cats a-Poaching...