Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

I'm in denial

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

QueenofMelmac
Junior Orbit Guard

I'm in denial

Post by QueenofMelmac »

I have not watched the last episode of the Alf sitcom yet. My boyfriend and I are in huge denial and we don't want Alf to leave. We do not know what happens and we are too afraid to watch it. I can't imagine Alf never seeing the Tanners again. Its a sad anding and I'm against unhappy endings. We've been putting off watching this episode for the last year or so.

Of course I know theres more to watch afterwards like project alf and the cartoons and all but none of it reunites alf with the tanners. Some people look at Alf and think the show was pure comedy. But how can you make an ending for Alf that is so devestating? Where does Alf end up? And why must he go through such pain?

:(
"You are getting sleepy. You... are no longer a cat. You are a bagel. "
QueenofMelmac
Junior Orbit Guard

Post by QueenofMelmac »

By the way, please do not give any info away that might ruin the ending for me. Thanks
ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by ALFsince86 »

I've never seen the final episoe either....AND I NEVER WILL!

(I'm over dramatic, but you get my meaning)
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

ALFsince86,

I understand your emotions about the outcome, but I do not understand how you refuse to watch any episode of ALF. The unfortunate final episode closes as a "cliffhanger", not an ending, and within the episode there is lots of good "ALF stuff".

Mike
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

I feel you, haven't gotten that far myself but I'm sure it will be hard to watch :(
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011

Post by ALFsince86 »

To me ALF will always be living with the Tanners.
Alf's Loyal Fan
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by Alf's Loyal Fan »

I'm of several mindsets on this episode in question.... ( I've seen it. )

1. He escaped and reunited with the Tanners later.

2. He got beamed up to Skip and Ronda's ship ala Star Trek.

3. He escaped, but couldn't return to the Tanners as they were now under servalance by the ATF, so he makes his way cross country, haveing many adventures on the road, possibly staying with other humans who became friends with. [ like you and me for instance ;) ]

4. Everything happened just like it was shown in Porject ALF and then the other options listed here happened afterwards.

5. In a scene right out of Close Encounters he finds himself at Devil's Tower where he is picked up by a Melmac mothership and winds up on New Melmac where eveyone else from Melmac surivived Melmac going sha-boom sha-boom now lives, he's reunited with his real family.

I can live with several of these options myself.
ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011

Post by ALFsince86 »

Wow, ALF's Loyal Fan, I like all but one of those options (e.g., I don't like "everything happened the way it did on Project ALF"; or whatever they exact wording).

I guess ultimately I would like ALF to have returned to New Melmac and been reunited with this family and friends. Maybe the Tanners could visit.
QueenofMelmac
Junior Orbit Guard

Post by QueenofMelmac »

I like that idea...The tanners visiting alf and his family. Or even Alf and his friends and family coming back with Alf to stop by and say hello. Id like to see more melmacians on earth!
TheOldAlfer
Asteroid Polisher

Post by TheOldAlfer »

I have to ask everyone to accept the fact that it is like this. We all enjoyed the episodes of ALF and for me it was touching on the last episode until the code that Skip gave was received by the ATF. I have also decoded the code (it was in HEX) and it says PQRSTUVWXYZ pqrstuvwzyz, its not even a code, maybe it was.

@Alf's Loyal Fan,

I like the options you gave but I have another one, how about saying they made another turn and beamed up and went to the planet they bought.

The option which I hate the most is no. 4.

Signed,
Syed
puppet_guy
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1980

Re: I'm in denial

Post by puppet_guy »

Last edited by puppet_guy on Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Blinky
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since:  

Post by Blinky »

thanks for that puppet guy!
"Don't look back. Something might be broken." ―Grandpa Satchel
puppet_guy
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by puppet_guy »

How long before ALF was cancilled AFTER this cliff hanger was made? Was it litterally the next week? or was the season already complete, and this was the last episode cliff hanger?

I'm asking because Season 4 is much shorter than other seasons, and if they cancilled the show just after, they would have had scrips and footage of " part 2" already made. Shame they just couldn't edit to complete.

I beleive they intended for ALF to be able to talk "to the average Joe" in the street. Because he wishes for it very early in the episode.
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

Directly from Paul Fusco.
Q: Why in the world does ALF get caught by the Alien Task Force at the end of season four? Also, why does it have to end like that? I think you should make a fifth season of ALF and bring him back, if it would be possible. Please answer my question as soon as possible, I'm dying to know.

P.S. ALF is my favorite show that I have ever watched and I wish there would be a fifth season. It's so sad that ALF gets captured.

A: The reason ALF got caught by the Alien Task Force in the last episode was because we were supposed to do a 5th season for NBC and the premise would have been ALF living on a military base. It would have opened up the show to more story ideas and given more opportunities for ALF to react to different people. When NBC did not pick up the show we were supposed to do a one hour special to tie it all up---a change of management at NBC ended that hope. We were finally able to wrap it up with the ABC movie of the week PROJECT ALF.
http://www.alftv.net/interviews/askalf.html
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
puppet_guy
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by puppet_guy »

Thats interesting. I wonder why the season series was shorter though. It sounded like they were about to slowly write the Tanners out.

I still think they should do an ALF movie today! I guess for new audiences it can start breifly from the begining similar to episode 1 , but then moving onto a new adventure - and wrapping it all up nicely for the Fans.
puppet_guy
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by puppet_guy »

It's strange, In the 80's season 1 and 2 were only shown in Australia. Then they showed the rest in the 90's BUT they didn't show the last episode " consider me gone". Maybe the network didnt like it either?

Anyway I'm in denial too. This is how I choose to remember the last episode.. ( Don't worry it's different to the real episode with my editing - you can watch it. )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy9K9CDCvu0
puppet_guy
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by puppet_guy »

The last episode of ALF is suppose to be on next week, but I just looked up the program and guess what????? Once again they are NOT showing the finale episode. As far as I know, it has never been broadcast in Australia.... very odd. I wonder what their reason is this time. Unless they are skipping a whole week, but I doubt it.