Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Starting a collection

Just buy a new pair of ALF underwear? Brag about your collectibles and merchandise here.

Moderator: Administration Team

andyalf
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1987

Starting a collection

Post by andyalf »

Being long time fan of ALF, its strange that I never really have any collectables!
At the time ALF was on I was a big fan of an other alien (or rather aliens) TV series- V, and focused on collecting items on that show.

Anyway, now ive been drawn back to ALF and would like to build up a small collection. Im thinking figurines, small plush dolls etc.
I know ebay is probably the best answer ofcourse, but can anyone else suggest ways they collect?

Any advice for a newbie?
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Re: Starting a collection

Post by ALFicionado »

Try local flee-markets, I always find some ALF stuff a little now and then at those places. Also try goodwill stores, when people look to get rid of things from the past that they don't need anymore and want to make some room in the basement and such, I'm afraid ALF stuff has a pretty good chance of being chosen to give away.

Try asking your old buddies if they had anything with ALF from when they were kids, and then ask if they may have some of it left somewhere, it's very likely they do, or their parents do.

Good luck, and let me know if you need any more assistance!
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
andyalf
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1987

Re: Starting a collection

Post by andyalf »

Hi, thanks for that.
I was thinking of flea markets and car boot sales!
I remember not long ago, I was at a car boot sale and I saw a few loose figurines- I think they where about 20p each!!!
Im so gutted I never snapped them up at the time.
So I will be checking my local areas again in hope!