Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Anyone know how to fix or put back together an Alf voicebox

Are you new here? Post a thread about here so we can get to know you a little better!

Moderator: Administration Team

Sweetfreya
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Anyone know how to fix or put back together an Alf voicebox

Post by Sweetfreya »

Good day all!!

I have an original Alf talking doll from to 80's. (I think it was actually called 'Wisecracking A.L.F) I still have the voice box as well. I have not replaced the battery in it since I got it, unless my mom did when I was younger. I just put a new battery in it and nothing happened. I kept trying to see if it just needed to get a bit of a charge going in it. Still, nothing. SO I decided to takes it apart. Figured I am a computer tech, how hard could 20yr old technology be to fix/figure out. Ok, so I was way wrong. I took the back cover off, and a white plastic washer piece fell out. I have no clue how to put this thing back together. The battery does make the 'turbine' spin, but I cannot figure out how it is supposed to turn the 'record'.

If anyone has an ideas, please let me know. This guy was an absolute favorite toy of mine growing up. I was hoping to pass it on to the next generation to remind them of how wonderfully simple life used to be! :)

Thanks again! Hope to hear from ya'll soon!!
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Re: Anyone know how to fix or put back together an Alf voicebox

Post by Admin »

Might be worth putting an ad on Craigslist...maybe there is a "tinkerer" out there who would be able to do something with it (I personally know nothing about that kind of stuff).

Welcome to the forum!!!
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com