Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

I came, I saw, I CONQUERED!!!!

Just buy a new pair of ALF underwear? Brag about your collectibles and merchandise here.

Moderator: Administration Team

ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

I came, I saw, I CONQUERED!!!!

Post by ALFicionado »

Last week I won a script on Ebay from the season 1 episode The Gambler, from the same seller that was selling the other two scripts that Spanks & Jeremiah won. The auction ended at a bad time for Americans, very early in the morning. So even though I guarded it and raised my bid in the last few seconds, it wasn't needed and I won the script for only 10.45 dollars! What a bargain!

I had already asked the seller before the auction ended if he had any scripts left, he said he did have 2 more, Border Song & Mother and Child Reunion. After I won the auction I asked him if he was willing to sell me the remaining scripts for 45 bucks a piece, he agreed. Score!

Some pics:

The Gambler script:

Border Song script:

Mother and Child Reunion script:

I also got an autograph per script, like Jeremiah & Spanks got too. Two of them were like the ones we've seen before, that most have gotten with their autograph requests. I did however get a different one for the third script, that I might keep for myself even though it's not dedicated to me:

The seller was nice enough to add a few bonus-items with my scripts:

Some Bouillabase cards:

And an ALF Magazine, the first one in my collection:

100 dollars for 3 scripts, 3 autographs, a magazine & some Topps cards. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me. The scripts will definitely be my most favorite objects of my ALF collection along with my autographs.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
spanks_4
Phlegm Dealer

Re: I came, I saw, I CONQUERED!!!!

Post by spanks_4 »

Congratz bro! I am missing 4 magazines and that is one of them...
melmacian56
ALF Fan Since: Forever

Post by melmacian56 »

I don't want to start a flame war here but...It seems like the writing on the picture of that ALF autogrpah seems different then the writing on the Autographs that some of us members sent to Paul Fusco for. Does anyone else think that or are my eyes playing tricks on me?
"Oops, I made a boo boo".
ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

No, after comparing it to the other ones I have as well as some pics here I see no sign of it being signed by another person. I'm no expert, just an amateur autograph collector and there are certain things to look for when comparing signatures. Most signatures varies, especially when they've been written years apart so I see no reason to worry.

Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

Looks like Paul Fusco's handwriting to me...but I'm not an expert on handwriting.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
melmacian56
ALF Fan Since: Forever

Post by melmacian56 »

I guess my eyes must be playing tricks on me then. I just brought this up because the writing just seemed different on that autpgraph then the ones that have been posted previously here on the forum. I guess it may be because of the use of capitals....I don't really know haha
"Oops, I made a boo boo".
QueeenofMelmac
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: Always

Post by QueeenofMelmac »

I find that weird too. Usually 'celebrities' sign things one way all the time. My autograph, which i think i posted on here a long time ago, was written in script kind of sloppy and the paw was drawn not colored in and with 4 toes. But anyway, I think that alf bundle is awesome. Good find. :D
"You are getting sleepy. You... are no longer a cat. You are a bagel. "
Gordo
Phlegm Dealer

Post by Gordo »

The photo i'm pretty sure the bottom bit is pre-printed and not hand signed. That exact photo with the "love, your Pal, ALF" in that writing style and pawprint was given away with some kind of charity pack i think ALF did in connection with Save The Earth or Greenpeace back in the 80's. The top could well be original Paul Fusco personalization from the time but yes its slightly different handwriting from the bottom.

Still, a nice haul there - the scripts and magazine especially!
ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

I think you're right about the paw, I don't know how he'd draw that in every time. However the "Love, Your Pal ALF" has some discolorations on my photos, a little of the photo is still seen through the ink, the way it looks when you write something with those markers and not everything is filled.

Gordo
Phlegm Dealer

Post by Gordo »

AxelFoley wrote:I think you're right about the paw, I don't know how he'd draw that in every time. However the "Love, Your Pal ALF" has some discolorations on my photos, a little of the photo is still seen through the ink, the way it looks when you write something with those markers and not everything is filled.
Oh right, sorry. They must have just used the same style photo for both things at the time then. You can find some nice ALF things on ebay, a lot of it is just the same items over and over but from time to time its good to see items like yours coming up.