Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Cat-A-Muse (Alf reference)

If your ALF-related post does not fit into any of the other forums, or you do not know where to put it, this is the place!

Moderator: Administration Team

gerbilsrcute
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: it first aired in 1986

Cat-A-Muse (Alf reference)

Post by gerbilsrcute »

Has anyone ever played this game? It's an old cat trivia type game where the cats pawns travel around the board, get into cat fights, avoid catastrophes and you have to answer cat fact and category trivia questions. The players start out with 9 lives just like a cat and the catastrophe events are a riot. Not sure when exactly the game came out but I'm guessing it was in the 80's as it has an Alf reference. One of the catastrophe cards is: Moved next door to Alf, Lose a life. :mrgreen:
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Re: Cat-A-Muse (Alf reference)

Post by Jessica »

Hmm, no haha. :)
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

gerbilsrcute,

Once again, I am offended to learn of a game where cats face situations of distress. Political correctness now out of the way, where can I get my hands on this game?

Welcome to the Forum.

Mike
gerbilsrcute
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by gerbilsrcute »

Well, cats don't really face distress in the game. As said its really more of a trivia game and you learn a lot from the cat fact questions. They are rather hard at times...even the category questions (movies, books, songs & cartoons featuring cats) can be difficult at times. It's built around a cat having nine lives and various events cause you to lose a life, answering a trivia question incorrectly, losing a cat fight or drawing a catastrophe card. The catastrophes though aren't meant to be serious and are humorous, like the moved next door to Alf, there's another that says too curious about out of body experiences, couldn't get back in. I remember that as a kid we had a lot of fun with those and my brother used to really enjoy the cat fights (I was the only one in the family that was good at the cat fact questions) It is a very enjoyable game, particularly if you like cats, I've always had a hard time getting people to play it with me and the games sessions tend to be quick as lives go down very quickly (as said the questions can be rather hard)

As for where to get the game....not entirely sure, though to be honest haven't looked for it recently. I got it years ago through Cat Fancy Magazine. The box says it is a trademark of Ri-cher Enterprises Inc, Livermore ca 94550.

I'll do some checking around and see what I can find out about the game and if it is still available anywhere. Might have to see if can find anyone around interested in playing the game again.

Oh and thanks for the welcome :D
Was thrilled to find a site and forum for fans of the show Alf. At least there's people hear that won't think I was nuts for buying a talking Alf doll on Ebay.
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by Jessica »

Welcome to the forum! :D
gerbilsrcute
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by gerbilsrcute »

Here's a site that tells about the game in detail, and even has some pics.
http://www.bjburycats.com/CATGAME.html
It used to be available for sale from the site but, unfortunately is no longer available. I will keep looking however, and update if I find anything else.
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

gerbilsrcute.

Shame of all shame - I viewed a "cat lovers site", but thanks for the "dated" link anyway,

Mike
gerbilsrcute
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by gerbilsrcute »

Well the game is for cat lovers :D
I wonder if anyone even sells it anymore....glad I got mine when I did. Will still post anything I find if you are still interested. Just figured that dated link had some nice info regarding what the game was about and all. I think my favorite catastrophe was the one with the Alf reference.