Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Would the Tanners come back???

If your ALF-related post does not fit into any of the other forums, or you do not know where to put it, this is the place!

Moderator: Administration Team

Dukeboy320
Asteroid Polisher
ALF Fan Since: 1998

Would the Tanners come back???

Post by Dukeboy320 »

If ALF was made in to a big screen movie do you think the orignal Tanners would do a reunion?
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander
ALF Fan Since: 2008

Re: Would the Tanners come back???

Post by ALFan »

No. Just like ALFanatic said in other posts, that is history. Maybe we would see them in flashbacks, but they would not come back.
-ALFan-
Blinky
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since:  

Post by Blinky »

ya they must be fairly old now to.
"Don't look back. Something might be broken." ―Grandpa Satchel
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander
ALF Fan Since: 2008

Post by ALFan »

There not really old, but they have aged.
-ALFan-
twangle

Post by twangle »

Theres a chance that the tanners can come back just for a spell, (if,there was another season)But it would be with the tanner kids older and only maybe an episode of kate and willie older.That episode would probably be a very difficult to write because it would have to "move" the audience towards a new season and changing Alfs orig. birth in show biz.
Dan G
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by Dan G »

Hello my name is Dan im from Perú, i always watch ALF at Nick at Night and at my job (cafe internet).

I think if ALF sitcom come back with new episodes the prodruces can negociate with the original cast, i suppose that some of the members want to work in a sitcom again.

If Andrea Elson want to participate, maybe ALF can live with Lynn and her new family, and Brian can make some guest aparience. If Max W and Anne S. want to make some news episodes ALF can live with Willy, Kate and Erick.

I think family Tanner is part of the success of the show... Andrea is so beautiful!!! and MAx and Anne always make me laugh.
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

Dan G,

Greetings and welcome to the Forum.

The storyline of an Alien (ALF) being hidden by a typical "All American" family (the Tanners) worked quite well for the first three seasons of the ALF TV Series; however, as evidenced by the weak scripts and weak characters introduced in the fourth season, that same storyline proved to be too confining for an ongoing high level of creativity.

If ALF should ever return in a TV series, in my opinion, any atttempt at rehashing the original storyline (ALF and the Tanners) would not be successful.

Mike
twangle

Post by twangle »

I believe the same with alfanatic about it not going far with the orig. cast members, but can see a start of a new
series with them leading of with the first two episodes.
Dan G
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by Dan G »

but for example there are another sitcoms where the main character have a whole new life and it start to get boring. for example in Sabrina the teenage witch, she goes to college and all the fans want the aunts band harvey back, and the producers have to introduced Salem and Harvey to the sitcom again U_U. Series like Joey are terrible, because the same character and the new life are always boring, we all want the 6 friedns, and no only 1...

I dont know if there is a sitcom that come back with all new characters and have sucsses.
Ol' ALFer
Asteroid Polisher

Post by Ol' ALFer »

ALFanatic wrote:Dan G,

Greetings and welcome to the Forum.

The storyline of an Alien (ALF) being hidden by a typical "All American" family (the Tanners) worked quite well for the first three seasons of the ALF TV Series; however, as evidenced by the weak scripts and weak characters introduced in the fourth season, that same storyline proved to be too confining for an ongoing high level of creativity.

If ALF should ever return in a TV series, in my opinion, any atttempt at rehashing the original storyline (ALF and the Tanners) would not be successful.

Mike
Maybe they could try ALF travelling around in Space with Rhonda and ALF's pals.That way he could keep changing locations and open up more storylines.
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

Ol' ALFer,

The characters and settings proposed in your storyline idea seem to me only possible if ALF were to return in an animated series or movie. No animation for me, please. I dream only for the return of ALF in all his three dimensional, lovable, furry glory.

Mike
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by Jessica »

Yeah, ALF rocks!
Ol' ALFer
Asteroid Polisher

Post by Ol' ALFer »

ALFanatic wrote:Ol' ALFer,

The characters and settings proposed in your storyline idea seem to me only possible if ALF were to return in an animated series or movie. No animation for me, please. I dream only for the return of ALF in all his three dimensional, lovable, furry glory.

Mike
I didnt have animation in mind.Dont forget there are puppet versions as in the "Help Me Rhonda" Ep. :)
twangle

Post by twangle »

We all need to take a look at all the parts of alf episodes that the tanners took first stage when Alf wasn't in the seen and then ask ourselves can another family replace them?
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by Jessica »

twangle wrote:We all need to take a look at all the parts of alf episodes that the tanners took first stage when Alf wasn't in the seen and then ask ourselves can another family replace them?
No, they can't.
melmacian56
ALF Fan Since: Forever

Post by melmacian56 »

Rehashing the original storyline wouldn't make sense. The government already knows ALF exisits so why would he be trying to hide from them again? Look, I know we all wish there could be another ALF TV series but as I have aged I have come to terms with the fact that the ALF series is totally done and something of the past. Bringing back a new ALF TV series would probably not succeed. Yes, I do want ALF to make a triumphant return but I don't think it would be in the way of a new TV series reusing the original storyline. Project: ALF pretty much wrapped up the ALF story and I know it did not fulfill everyones expectations because the Tanners were not in the film. I was dissapointed that the Tanners did not make an appearance. Project: ALF was fulfilling to me because we got to know that ALF lives happily ever after. It answered that 1 question that fans wanted the answer to for 6 years. Some need to realize that the actors who played the Tanners were happy that ALF was finished because according to their experiences, it was sometimes an excruciating time filming the show so they probably wouldn't come back if somehow there was a new series running off the old storyline.
"Oops, I made a boo boo".
twangle

Post by twangle »

melmacian56,
I see where your coming from but dont agree. One day someones going to bring ALF back to life just like they have with everything else in the past that was great!!
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by Jessica »

twangle wrote:One day someones going to bring ALF back to life just like they have with everything else in the past that was great!!
Yes! :D