Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

ALF Dolls/Puppets

Just buy a new pair of ALF underwear? Brag about your collectibles and merchandise here.

Moderator: Administration Team

ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander
ALF Fan Since: 2008

ALF Dolls/Puppets

Post by ALFan »

I have been looking for an ALF Doll, and I have found many on Ebay. Before I decide to purchase one, I would like to know the actual size of it and the year it came out. I would also like to know how many different ALF Dolls exist

I have also been looking for ALF Puppets on Ebay. I would like to know how many Burger King Puppets exist. The most I have seen is 7. I would also like to see how many ALF Puppets exist overall.

If you have any information on this please let me know. Thanks!
-ALFan-
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Re: ALF Dolls/Puppets

Post by ALFanatic »

ALFan,

ALF Dolls:
I doubt anyone knows for certain the answer to your question, "How many different ALF Dolls exist?" In my collection, I have "licensed" ALF Dolls that range in size from approximately 2 inches in height up to approximately 22 inches in height, and all were "retail" sold at various times throughout the late 1980's during run of the original ALF TV Series. In addtion. I have seen advertised "online" new (since 2000) mid-size ALF Dolls and life-sized ALF Dolls (approximately 33 inches in height) that I tend to believe are "knockoff", "unlicensed" merchandise. In my opinion (from a collectors standpoint), probably the most desired ALF Dolls are the "Wisecracking ALF" and the "Storytelling ALF" which both have added features not found on the other ALF Dolls. If ALF Dolls determined to be in "good" condition and "reasonably" priced by your personal opinion, my suggestion woudl be to, "buy them one and all, no matter how short or tall."

ALF Puppets:
Although I have namy duplicates in my collection, I am only aware of there having been four (not seven) different "Burger King" ALF puppets. Also, in my collection, I have two small ALF Finger Puppets that are approximately 2 inches and 4 inches in height. As with ALF Dolls, I doubt anyone knows for certain the answer to your question, "How many ALF Puppets exist overall?"

Mike
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by ALFan »

ALFanatic wrote:ALFan,

ALF Dolls:
I doubt anyone knows for certain the answer to your question, "How many different ALF Dolls exist?" In my collection, I have "licensed" ALF Dolls that range in size from approximately 2 inches in height up to approximately 22 inches in height, and all were "retail" sold at various times throughout the late 1980's during run of the original ALF TV Series. In addtion. I have seen advertised "online" new (since 2000) mid-size ALF Dolls and life-sized ALF Dolls (approximately 33 inches in height) that I tend to believe are "knockoff", "unlicensed" merchandise. In my opinion (from a collectors standpoint), probably the most desired ALF Dolls are the "Wisecracking ALF" and the "Storytelling ALF" which both have added features not found on the other ALF Dolls. If ALF Dolls determined to be in "good" condition and "reasonably" priced by your personal opinion, my suggestion woudl be to, "buy them one and all, no matter how short or tall."

ALF Puppets:
Although I have namy duplicates in my collection, I am only aware of there having been four (not seven) different "Burger King" ALF puppets. Also, in my collection, I have two small ALF Finger Puppets that are approximately 2 inches and 4 inches in height. As with ALF Dolls, I doubt anyone knows for certain the answer to your question, "How many ALF Puppets exist overall?"

Mike
Thanks! That answers everything I need to know.
-ALFan-
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

Did you end up getting one, ALFan?
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by ALFan »

Yes, about a week ago I bought the Burger King set of four. They are all great collectables, and I hope on getting more ALF merchandise.
-ALFan-
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

I'm picking up my Burger King set tomorrow evening!!!
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

You both bought a Burger King set of 4 ALF puppets recently? What a coincidence.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
Luke
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by Luke »

Hey guys

Majority of the new stuff was licensed and not knock offs - Fun4all Toys (2002) did Regular Plush (with beans), Clip On Plush, 18inch Talking ALF. All in special anniversary packaging. Nanco (2003 or 4 i think?) did the life size plush (and possibly a smaller version of it i think) - it isn't the greatest quality so can totally understand why some thought it was a knock off but it isn't - and was given away as a prize in amusement arcades and fairs. Not sure as to the total number of plush and puppets - loads. I loved the burger king puppets - but more for the cool ALF records.

Luke
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

Nanco (2003 or 4 i think?) did the life size plush (and possibly a smaller version of it i think) - it isn't the greatest quality so can totally understand why some thought it was a knock off but it isn't - and was given away as a prize in amusement arcades and fairs.
Same one I have. I agree it's not the greatest quality...I'm always worried about it ripping every time I touch it! But hey, it's ALF :)
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by ALFan »

I also love the records, but I do not have them yet. I am looking in to getting them though.
-ALFan-
Luke
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by Luke »

Does anyone have the PVC figures that were sold in comic shops around 2002? There were about five in the set, all different in boxes - i think one was ALF in hawaian shirt, one in black jacket. I haven't seen them available anywhere since!