Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Campaign For An ALF Photo Replica

Just buy a new pair of ALF underwear? Brag about your collectibles and merchandise here.

Moderator: Administration Team

Gordo
Phlegm Dealer

Campaign For An ALF Photo Replica

Post by Gordo »

Have any of you heard about the fabulous "Muppets" photo replica's from Master Replicas? In TV, they use special full body "Photo" puppets, also called "posers" to take pictures for magazines and calendars. They rarely use the actual puppets. The Disney company has allowed Muppet posers to be made available to the public and they look great. These are not kids toys, but full size, and made from the same materials and blueprints as the real photo "poser" puppet. They are usually limited to about 2000, fully poseable, and cost around $200 - $400 depending on size. You can see some examples of the photo replicas at http://www.masterreplicas.com and the great new Fozzie is at http://masterreplicas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1219

A group of fans have come up with the idea of trying to get a company to make an ALF photo replica, if of course, a license was to be allowed by ALF's owners. Master Replicas and Sideshow Toys have both been contacted about this. We are thinking about either an online petition to show that there are people who would buy it, or maybe just getting everybody to write to the toy companies individually.

Imagine how cool it would be to have ALF in your bedroom or office. You could even pose him or dress him like episodes from the show, or if anyones got a red ferrari, you could take him along to a bee keepers convention in Oxsnard! lol
Last edited by Gordo on Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

A petition would be a good idea if you're sure that you'll get a long list of names to impress the company that makes these figures. I'd sign it ;)
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
Ol' ALFer
Asteroid Polisher

Re: Campaign For An ALF Photo Replica

Post by Ol' ALFer »

Well, this doesnt seem to have gone anywhere, so does anybody know of someone who could make an accurate ALF photo puppet replica at a reasonable price.I have one that was made in Argentina, which is latex, so it wont last that long.Really needs to be a plastic or vinyl head with fur stuck onto it, and his body built with fibre or wading instead of foam.
Gordo
Phlegm Dealer

Post by Gordo »

The company making the Muppet ones stopped due to poor sales. I would love an ALF one but the costs on small numbers are massive. They really need to be made with foam and stuff to look authentic.
Ol' ALFer
Asteroid Polisher

Post by Ol' ALFer »

Gordo wrote:The company making the Muppet ones stopped due to poor sales. I would love an ALF one but the costs on small numbers are massive. They really need to be made with foam and stuff to look authentic.
Not nessarily-you dont see what is under the fur.so if you had the wire amature and wrapped wadding(fibre sheets) around it, you would still get the same shape.But limited editions are expensive.I wish Sideshow would do a run of them to keep the price down.
ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

Ol' ALFer wrote:Well, this doesnt seem to have gone anywhere, so does anybody know of someone who could make an accurate ALF photo puppet replica at a reasonable price.I have one that was made in Argentina, which is latex, so it wont last that long.Really needs to be a plastic or vinyl head with fur stuck onto it, and his body built with fibre or wading instead of foam.
Are you talking about the one being sold on Ebay?

Gordo
Phlegm Dealer

Post by Gordo »

Ol' ALFer wrote:
Gordo wrote:The company making the Muppet ones stopped due to poor sales. I would love an ALF one but the costs on small numbers are massive. They really need to be made with foam and stuff to look authentic.
Not nessarily-you dont see what is under the fur.so if you had the wire amature and wrapped wadding(fibre sheets) around it, you would still get the same shape.But limited editions are expensive.I wish Sideshow would do a run of them to keep the price down.
Agreed on the body, but the nose really needs to be hand carved foam - so that would degrade anyway. Master Replicas tried Gonzo's nose without the foam and it just didn't look good at all. ALF would be a similar thing, that is, if the copyright holders were ever to allow such a thing. Plastic would be the only possible alternative that might look anywhere near realistic.
Ol' ALFer
Asteroid Polisher

Post by Ol' ALFer »

Are you talking about the one being sold on Ebay?[/quote]
Yes, the ALF "replica" comes up on ebay regularly from a seller in Argentina, who also sells
Star Wars props.
Ol' ALFer
Asteroid Polisher

Post by Ol' ALFer »

Agreed on the body, but the nose really needs to be hand carved foam - so that would degrade anyway. Master Replicas tried Gonzo's nose without the foam and it just didn't look good at all. ALF would be a similar thing, that is, if the copyright holders were ever to allow such a thing. Plastic would be the only possible alternative that might look anywhere near realistic.[/quote]
I would say that ALF's head comes from a mold of liquid latex rather than hand carved foam, as his skin is smooth, not aerated.Yes, plastic is what I was suggesting.Look at the ALF telephone-it is plastic, but gives the same on screen visual results.
ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

Ol' ALFer wrote:Are you talking about the one being sold on Ebay?
Yes, the ALF "replica" comes up on ebay regularly from a seller in Argentina, who also sells
Star Wars props.[/quote]

That one looks pretty cool, except for the nose which looks a bit weird, but I definitely plan on buying one of those when I have the money!