Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Question on the Alf Files

Post all questions and comments regarding the ALF Sitcom here.

Moderator: Administration Team

Blinky
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since:  

Question on the Alf Files

Post by Blinky »

to begin with, im not sure if this in the right section, if it isn't just mve it to the right one, dont delete, thank you in advance if thats nesscary.

my question is what film company put out the dvd?
whos idea was it to make it?

anf finally how come they couldn't make more uncut dvds? im greatful for this one, im just curios.

THANKS!
"Don't look back. Something might be broken." ―Grandpa Satchel
Luke
Apprentice Lint Brush

Re: Question on the Alf Files

Post by Luke »

Video Service Corp made it. It was very well produced and they re-mastered those eps - at the time, doing season sets wasn't as common as it is now. Lions Gate picked up the rights to do the season sets a bit later but used the syndicates as they were already digitised/remastered, it would have been very costly to re-master the entire four seasons unedited when they didn't know how well they would sell.

Ideally it would have been great if it had been VSC that released the seasons, alas no!
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander
ALF Fan Since: 2008

Post by ALFan »

Luke wrote:Video Service Corp made it. It was very well produced and they re-mastered those eps - at the time, doing season sets wasn't as common as it is now. Lions Gate picked up the rights to do the season sets a bit later but used the syndicates as they were already digitised/remastered, it would have been very costly to re-master the entire four seasons unedited when they didn't know how well they would sell.

Ideally it would have been great if it had been VSC that released the seasons, alas no!
Since they have sold so well now, why not release the uncut?
-ALFan-
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

ALFan,

Sales of ALF TV Series DVD sets were obviously sufficent enough for "LionsGate" to proceed with release of DVD sets for all four seasons of the series; however, saying, "Since they sold so well now" may be a bit of an overstatement, since "LionsGate" never released a second production run for any of the season DVD sets.

Mike
tazz765
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by tazz765 »

ALFanatic wrote:ALFan,

Sales of ALF TV Series DVD sets were obviously sufficent enough for "LionsGate" to proceed with release of DVD sets for all four seasons of the series; however, saying, "Since they sold so well now" may be a bit of an overstatement, since "LionsGate" never released a second production run for any of the season DVD sets.

Mike
I'm sure if Season One sold tons of copies and Lionsgate made a huge profit they probably would have remastered the original uncut episode tapes. Unfortunately, they probably sold just well enough where Lionsgate made a small profit and they couldn't justify the expense in the remastering.
melmacian56
ALF Fan Since: Forever

Post by melmacian56 »

If I may add something, I think there was a second production run of Seasons 1 and 2 in Canada. There is DVD's that have the Lionsgate logo on the side of the case and then there is also DVD's that have the Lionsgate and Maple logo on the side of the case. I have seen 2 different versions around here.
"Oops, I made a boo boo".