Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

undone storylines you'd like to have seen

If you are creating an ALF story feel free to post it here for other fans to read and comment. Fan art belongs here as well. Only constructive criticism is allowed is allowed in this forum.

Moderator: Administration Team

LordHelmetJr
Cat Wrangler

undone storylines you'd like to have seen

Post by LordHelmetJr »

Is there any particular storyline the writers didn't come up with during the show's original run that you'd have like to seen? Here's one concept that's been on my wish-I-could-have-seen list:

-Alf, facing an otherwise lonely night, hitches a ride with Brian when he goes to sleep over with a friend. after being discovered, Alf learns the firend's parents are going thorugh a very difficult time and somehow intervenes to make things better (this was after all the happy 80s; even the most difficult of problems could somehow be easily wrapped up within 30 minutes--unless they'd make it a two-parter). It would be a good, perhaps ahead of its time, look at the effects of divorce on children. Plus, I always got the feel Brian would have wanted to share Alf with his friends if he had a chance, and this would give him that chance. Your thoughts?
Crazy_M
Cat Wrangler

Post by Crazy_M »

I would have liked to see ALF meet new people as peoples reactions towards him are so funny to see. As well as this, he is a problem solver... If this were a real episode he would probably make the matter worse first, then he would help fix it. :D

I also think your right with the brian thing as he would enjoy sharing ALF with other children. As an 'after' episode to the project:ALF, maybe at first he'd get bullied about it because people would think he was lieing and then take ALF to school for 'show and tell' :D hehehe. Because after all, he is an american citizen now so it wouldn't matter if people saw him. :D
You Say I'm Crazy As Though It's A Bad Thing!?
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

Hi, I've moved this topic to fan fiction.

I for one would've liked to see ALF create his own 1-900 dating line - where he sets up couples via telephone. In the process Willie gets arrested (again) for running an illegal telephone operation.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Admin »

I have two more ideas...

1) ALF writes a nasty letter to the Campbell's soup company because they don't carry his favorites soups (i.e. Cream of Kitten). In the process PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) finds out and launches a huge protest outside of the Tanners' house.

2) ALF (as usual) forgets to deliver an important message to Willie. This message happens to be from work and he loses his job because he misses a very important meeting.

<I apologize for bringing this post back from the dead>
Kristen
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by Kristen »

I had an idea, too, about Brian taking ALF to school for Show and Tell, as a "toy," of course, maybe so that ALF can see what school is like on Earth. The Tanners would order him to be quiet all day, but then ALF gets loose in the school somehow when Brian isn't paying attention. It might make an interesting fan fiction if someone ever wanted to do it. If no one does, then maybe I'll tackle it someday, b/c it seems too good to waste, hehe.

Edit: I just thought of something - what if someone else brought their cat in for Show & Tell? Ooh, the possibilities! :wink:

- Kristen
ALF:Friends with presents are the best kind of friends.

:lol:
Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Admin »

Oooo, I got one:

...ALF eating Brian's homework!
melmacian56
ALF Fan Since: Forever

Post by melmacian56 »

You know, I would have liked to have seen ALF become addicted to a video game, or something to do with video games. I know there was one episode where it showed ALF playing an Atari. It would have been cool to see an episode that had something to do with ALF and video games.
"Oops, I made a boo boo".
Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Admin »

You know, I would have liked to have seen ALF become addicted to a video game, or something to do with video games. I know there was one episode where it showed ALF playing an Atari.
Yeah, playing Space Invaders - that would have been a cool episode! ALF could have gotten so addicted that the Atari overheated and started yet another fire.
melmacian56
ALF Fan Since: Forever

Post by melmacian56 »

I just got an amazing idea! If this episode were to ever happen it would really strike family audiences emotionally. I think it would have been a great episode (maybe even a two-parter) if Lynn got a new boyfriend and we find out he has been abusing her, so ALF uses his wits to help Lynn get out of the relationship. Part 1 could have ended with Lynn coming home with bruises on her face and crying and we find out what happened to her which would set up the next episode.
"Oops, I made a boo boo".
QueenofMelmac
Junior Orbit Guard

Post by QueenofMelmac »

melmacian56 wrote:I just got an amazing idea! If this episode were to ever happen it would really strike family audiences emotionally. I think it would have been a great episode (maybe even a two-parter) if Lynn got a new boyfriend and we find out he has been abusing her, so ALF uses his wits to help Lynn get out of the relationship. Part 1 could have ended with Lynn coming home with bruises on her face and crying and we find out what happened to her which would set up the next episode.
lol what? Thats a little harsh for family tv. But tv nowadays is very racey anyways.

My idea: I would have liked to see Alf having an overweight issue because of eating so much, being on earth takes a toll on him and he actually gains weight. So then he must go on a diet and befriends richard simmons and then loses the weight but cannot seem to lose Richard as he becomes completely overbearing lol
"You are getting sleepy. You... are no longer a cat. You are a bagel. "
Admin
Forum Admin

Re: undone storylines you'd like to have seen

Post by Admin »

ALF "tweaks" Kate and Willie's taxes before they send them in (so they get a bigger refund). In the process the Tanners get audited by the IRS and Willie goes to jail...again!
twangle

Post by twangle »

I always wanted to see alf in another family vacation episode. Chevy Chase style. just a long and unfruitfull vacation.This time instead of the woods going across America. This would be a great two part episode. i could see the endless trouble
Alf could get in on the road and Willie of course there to save the day. this either could start by alf leaving because of a fight and he gets the whole family going on this crazy trip or the Tanners decided to take alf on there cross country trip.
Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Admin »

ALF burning down another hotel room would be great! :lol:
Blinky
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since:  

Post by Blinky »

id love to see a halloween special, i dont recall seeing one.
"Don't look back. Something might be broken." ―Grandpa Satchel
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander
ALF Fan Since: 2008

Post by ALFan »

Canadian Alf wrote:id love to see a halloween special, i dont recall seeing one.
There was a Halloween episode. It was called "Some Enchanted Evening."
-ALFan-
ALFan
Orbit Guard Commander
ALF Fan Since: 2008

Post by ALFan »

How about this one?
ALF goes out to eat with them, and the whole time he is trying to steal food from the table.
-ALFan-
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

Some really great ideas in this episode, I especially like the one where ALF goes to school with Brian and the new vacation suggestion. Oh what could have been! I'll let you know if I come up with anything.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

Just came up with a pretty good idea that I mentioned here: http://www.alftv.net/community/viewtopi ... 503#p12503

ALF being discovered by the Ochmoneks somehow, that would have been something special and opened many doors.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/