Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Where do we come from.

Post anything you want here. This is the place where you get away from it all. In short, this is a forum for "chit-chat" and things of that sort.

Moderator: Administration Team

cuteandfurry
Cat Wrangler
ALF Fan Since: 1987

Where do we come from.

Post by cuteandfurry »

In relation to my last topic, thanks to Alfantic I thought it would be a rather interesting idea to share our backgrounds. Geneology is a genuine interest to me, it's fun to discover. I will start first and and if anyone else is interested in contributing, please do so.

1897- My Great Grandfather O'banion was born in Galway.

1907- At the age of ten he immigrated with his family to New York city.

1917- By the age of twenty he made his way to chicago where he did odd jobs, don't really know much.

1922- He relocated back to N.Y.C where he met my Great Grandmother, who was only four-teen at the time.

1928- They married, that following year my Grandfather was born.

1932- Relocating to Chicago when my Grandfather was four, he was raised on the north side and completed school in 1946.

1947- He attended college where he met my Grandmother, they married two weeks after meeting. Their first child was born in 1950 my aunt, he went on to obtain a degree in law while working a job to support his family.

1959- By this time the family had settled into a New Jersey Suburb and my mother was born. My other aunt was born in 1960. My uncle was born at the end of 1962. And the twins in 1963.

From my understanding my Grandmother was born in Dublin in 1931 from there I don't have much information. My mom including my aunts and uncles were brought up to be seen and not heard, a conservative irish catholic family. Me I'm twenty-three now soon to be twenty-four, My Brother is almost nine-teen, and my sister just turned five. My brother and my sisters upbringing was much more laid back then mine, I was brought up similar to how my mother was raised. My mother and real father divorced when I was two, my step-dad is the one I refer to as DAD. Not knowing much about my real Dads side of the family, they did make it appoint to keep in contact with me. All I know is My Dads mom is Italian and his Dad is German. I was extremely close to my Moms Dad and My real Dads mom. My Dads Dad passed away while my Grandmother was pregnant with my Dad, that was her second husband. He served in the Air Force flew planes in Korea during WW2, a plane crash took his life. Her first husband was a pilot she had two girls by him and was pregnant with the last girl when he died in a plane crash. Case of bad luck.
Hello is this Mr. Ochmonek? Oh jolly good. I'm doing a survey for the B.B.C and wondering if you would like to answer some questions.
twangle

Re: Where do we come from.

Post by twangle »

Very good presentation of your fam.!! MY family i'm not going to go in detail. My family left me for the state of california.
I was ward of the state until i was 17. my family history is lost.