Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Fan Reviews

This forum is to discuss the Project: ALF movie from 1996.

Moderator: Administration Team

QueenofMelmac
Junior Orbit Guard

Re: Fan Reviews

Post by QueenofMelmac »

I saw project alf this weekend and i am a little dissapointed. I didn't realize the tanners wouldn't be in it and I had thought that Alf would go home or see his friends again. I didn't like the whole Army situation and didn't care much about those people's lives. Alf was hilarious of course but I would have liked to see him at his best with the tanners and I didn't care much for the plot. They could have done more with this movie. I don't feel like Alf's character got closure. 1-10, 10 being great, i give it a 5.
"You are getting sleepy. You... are no longer a cat. You are a bagel. "
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

QueenofMelmac,

The Tanner family, along with the plot of an all-American family sheltering a furry, little, space alien, are only fomd memories of the past. ALF, and his fans, need to move on.

Try rewatching "Project: ALF" with the understanding that the plot depicts a tough, but comical, transitional time period for ALF on his journey through life here on Earth, and you may gain more appreciation for the movie. Also, I believe ALF's character was not intended to find closure in the movie. In my opinion the ending of "Project: ALF" was deftly written to provide ALF with the opportunity for a new beginning that leaves the audience wondering just when, and where, ALF will make his next appearance.

Seriously, even if you do not agree with me, give "Project: ALF" another try, since you are likely to discover much that was missed in the first viewing.

Mike
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

I didn't like the whole Army situation
Air Force situation (not Army). :)

I thought the movie was "okay" the first time I watched it (I would've liked the Tanners in there too), BUT when you watch it the second time it is twice as good! In my opinion anyways.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

You didn't know the Tanners weren't in this movie? :shock: I see.

I still enjoyed the movie though, knowing that. I would also have liked a better ending as well.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
QueenofMelmac
Junior Orbit Guard

Post by QueenofMelmac »

Sorry, "Air force" lol. I will rewatch the movie. It was prob a huge dissapointment to me because i didnt know the tanners wouldnt be in it. I had expectations. However, all in all it wasnt so bad. Alf is histerical. He really made me laugh when they kept getting more air force people in the beginning to test him after the first one croaked lol
"You are getting sleepy. You... are no longer a cat. You are a bagel. "