Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Taking the Plunge

This forum is to discuss the Project: ALF movie from 1996.

Moderator: Administration Team

ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Taking the Plunge

Post by ALFsince86 »

Well, I took the plunge and put "Project: ALF" in my shopping cart at amazon.com. I haven't hit "proceed to checkout" yet, but I plan to.

I have never watched this TV movie all the way through. It was doomed for two reasons with me. First, it premiered while I was in college (1996) and I didn't have much time to watch television then. Second, as I have written about here before, it put ALF in a bad position which, even at 22, and possibly now at 34, is emotionally too much for me to tolerate. I realize this puts me at an emotional age of about 9 or 10, but why hide from the truth on a website?

Anyway, I thought I would order it and stick it in the DVD player in late May, when I have the place to myself for a few days. Once I watch it I plan to write a detailed review for anyone interested. Who knows, maybe I will like it after all.
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Re: Taking the Plunge

Post by ALFicionado »

Don't fear it too much, it's an OK movie but the Tanners are really missing. Looking forward to the review!
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by ALFsince86 »

Yeah, I wish the Tanners would have been in it. I guess if it was me (instead of Paul Fusco) I would have done a reunion differently. Of course, I know it was meant to be the premier of new show and not a reunion of the old. Still, it would have been nice to see ALF with the Tanners again, maybe living with Lynn and her family. Sort of an ALF, The Next Generation.

However, I like what Paul Fusco has done by and large. I'm glad there's an ALF, for one thing. :D
ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

Did you end up getting the film & did you ever get to writing a full review of it? I'd love to read your thoughts on the film.

melmacian56
ALF Fan Since: Forever

Post by melmacian56 »

I'd be interested to read some more of peoples thoughts on the film.
"Oops, I made a boo boo".
ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

melmacian56 wrote:I'd be interested to read some more of peoples thoughts on the film.
I'm thinking about reviewing the season-sets as well as the movie, since I've noticed there are not many of them that has been added to the site. I'm planning on seeing Project: ALF really soon, as it's been a while since. I might review it when I do.