Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Problems with Project ALF

This forum is to discuss the Project: ALF movie from 1996.

Moderator: Administration Team

samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Re:

Post by samstokes80 »

AxelFoley wrote:I really think they should have ended the movie better, with perhaps ALF going to see The Tanners again. He could be knocking on the door, then from a distance you see it opens and you could hear Willie say "ALF!" or something like it.
Yeah, it is a bummer that the Tanners didn't show up, but I take comfort in knowing that since ALF becomes a public figure at the end, then the Tanners probably can move back home from Rekjavik, since they will no longer need to remain in the Federal Witness Protection Program.
Joe Shumway
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: somewhere in the nineties

Re: Problems with Project ALF

Post by Joe Shumway »

I saw the film again last night, well I think that tom and paul wrote a good storie for this movie. As a fan of Alf I like it, Alf was great , maybe the acting could been better from some actores. Ray Walston was great on his scene with Alf as a mannager hotel... I love the scene especialy in the begining where Alf is in the base in his "prison" :mrgreen: ....ordering the security and everyone to work ...bring me this bring me that.....lol ..only Alf is capable to turn things in his favor. I love the scene when Alf came in house of that NASA guy and runing ...calling the cat....and ordering the robot to bring him the food. :)
And now something what some of you mentioned, the tanners appearance. I think it would been good for the emotional aspect of the movie and the conection with Alf , but it didn't happened. The end of the movie , maybe some fans are not satisfied, but I think that the end was good, it opened a new space for deveolp the story about Alf if another show will continued...
Finaly my ranking of this movie is ..8/10.. :)
Willie: You can't vote ALF, you're not a citizen.
ALF: I'll apply for a green card.
Willie: That's only if you want a job.
ALF: Pass.
robodog
Cat Wrangler
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by robodog »

[quote="andyalf"]Now the film to me seems even better-
as they didnt contradicte the show in anyway and instead did a logical continuation to the show.

Most films that come out based on previous TV shows tend to totally disregard past events and are considered "non canon" by fans, But I was happy to see that was not the case with Project: ALF.

quote]
Well considering our options are either accept Project ALF as canon or accept the fact that Alf was captured and dissected by the Alien Task Force as the last episode implies then we really don't have much of a choice. Even if Project ALF was a terrible film I'd still rather accept it as canon than I would reject it. As long as Alf ends up alive and well rather than ending up as a random assortment of severed limbs and vivisected parts in some science lab somewhere I'm cool with Project ALF.

I haven't seen it since it first aired but I remember enjoying it. Maybe it was just that I enjoyed seeing my childhood hero again after so many years. My mom had the same complaints that many here have. She didn't like that the Tanners weren't in it.
Meddle not in the affairs of animatronic beasts for you are crunchy and make an excellent fuel source
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2002

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

so true, it may not be the best movie, but it does give us some closure on what happen to ALF after the series and gives ALF more of a happy ending then supposedly being dissected and what not by the alien task force. so yeah, my only grip about it is that the tanners are not in it.
let's face it, I'm unforgettable!