Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Project: ALF from Tanners to Two Alien Task Force protectors

This forum is to discuss the Project: ALF movie from 1996.

Moderator: Administration Team

alfonthehub2013
Cat Wrangler
ALF Fan Since: 1993

Project: ALF from Tanners to Two Alien Task Force protectors

Post by alfonthehub2013 »

How do you ALF fans feel about ALF going from being protected by the Tanners to being protected by 2 alien task force people that want to defend and and keep ALF alive from that crazy wicked sergeant who blames aliens for the reason his mother went insane. :?: :|
Natassja Phillips

"You crawl under people's houses, you hear things!"
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2002

Re: Project: ALF from Tanners to Two Alien Task Force protec

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

I did like the fact that the 2 alien task force officers actually cared about Alf's well being when they heard he was going to be killed by the sergeant and tried take him away to a safer place, but I don't think the care about the same way the tanners did. they just look after alf mostly because it their job and that is the greatest scientific discovery for human kind, while the tanners cared about him like his was part of the family.
let's face it, I'm unforgettable!
robodog
Cat Wrangler
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by robodog »

The Tanners probably cared more about him but Alf was probably better off after the events of Project ALF. With the Tanners Alf constantly had the risk of getting caught and killed hanging over his head. Especially since some of the things he pulled made me question his sense of self preservation. But after Project ALF the ATF not only knows about him but makes him an ambassador of sorts. He no longer has to worry about being caught and dissected and there is every possibility that he could be reunited with the Tanners if he chooses. In the series he was constantly in danger but after the movie this was no longer an issue for him.
Meddle not in the affairs of animatronic beasts for you are crunchy and make an excellent fuel source
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2002

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

you got a good point there, robodog. now that the alien task force already knows about him and made him ambassador he no longer as to worry about being killed or being seen by the public and the alien task force can protect him from other dangerous people.
let's face it, I'm unforgettable!
robodog
Cat Wrangler
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by robodog »

And you just know after the events of Project ALF he becomes a major celebrity. We're talking about the first alien to make contact with Earth, proof that humanity isn't alone in the universe. That's a HUGE deal. I'm sure the people of earth and whatever society the surviving Melmacians out in space manage to cobble together will have great relations from then on. There could end up being Melmacians who choose to come to Earth and settle with humans and Melmacians eventually living together side by side. I'd love to see a follow up series with things like this going on.
Meddle not in the affairs of animatronic beasts for you are crunchy and make an excellent fuel source
ALFreak
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: ALF landed on earth

Post by ALFreak »

robodog wrote:And you just know after the events of Project ALF he becomes a major celebrity. We're talking about the first alien to make contact with Earth, proof that humanity isn't alone in the universe. That's a HUGE deal. I'm sure the people of earth and whatever society the surviving Melmacians out in space manage to cobble together will have great relations from then on. There could end up being Melmacians who choose to come to Earth and settle with humans and Melmacians eventually living together side by side. I'd love to see a follow up series with things like this going on.
THAT would be an awesome concept for the upcoming movie!!

I was kind on/off with whether i liked the ATF pair or not, as they seemed like rather one dimensional as characters to me. For example, the Guy is basically a toned down Willie, AKA a nice guy, and the Girl was just that sort of rebel character. Meanwhile, even from episode 1 of the sitcom, I felt like the Tanners all had well rounded and original personalities.

As for within the storyline, I imagine that ALF was more comfortable with the Tanners than the ATF duo. I think this because the Tanners treated him like family (as previously mentioned on this thread), which would make him feel more welcome and glad to be with them. However, with the ATF couple, he was being kidnapped by people he didn't know, and when he finally got out of the bag and saw who they were, they were the people that he thought wanted him dead! And even after he found out they had good intentions, I imagine he still wasn't comfortable with them, as they were the ones who took him away from the people he enjoyed being with.

All in all, i like the ATF guys because they meant well, but also i dont like them because they have such simple personalities.
Oh Yeah? Well, You're a Wienier!