Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Questions about Project: ALF scenes

This forum is to discuss the Project: ALF movie from 1996.

Moderator: Administration Team

melmacteddy1989
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1996-Present

Questions about Project: ALF scenes

Post by melmacteddy1989 »

Hi all this is my very first post here and I hope to have many more!!! Anyway I just recently purchased and watched Project ALF and while watching it I wondered how they did the two full body shots in the movie? In case you don't know what scenes I'm referring to they are the scene where ALF jumps on the hotel bed and the other is in Dexter's house where you see him running after the cat. Did they get Mihaly 'Michu' Meszaros or did they get a child to put on the costume? I think they had Mihaly 'Michu' Meszaros do it, but if so why was he not credited? Was he uncredited? If thats the case wouldn't IMDB list it because usually they list uncredited actors/people. I just wanted other peoples input that have seen the movie...
Attachments
Here's a snapshot of one of the scene in question
Here's a snapshot of one of the scene in question
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Re: Questions about Project: ALF scenes

Post by Admin »

That's a GREAT question! For how many times I've watched Project: ALF, I haven't even given this any thought. Hope someone around here knows something.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by samstokes80 »

I believe IMDB only lists uncredited appearances when they can substantiate the claim. They may have simply never taken the time to do this, in this case. Also, as much as I frequent the IMDB, I have occasionally found misinformation.

As with the TV series, I'm sure they didn't credit the voice, puppeteers, or the person wearing the ALF suit, to preserve the illusion for the children watching.

Good question, though, and welcome to the forum!
melmacteddy1989
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1996-Present

Post by melmacteddy1989 »

Thanks for the warm welcome :D
ALFIsMyIdol
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by ALFIsMyIdol »

Actually Sam is half-right. The voice of ALF (Paul Fusco) is credited on IMDb but all puppeteers and technical assistants are listed under crew. So I guess that's where you should look. Personally I think that it was either a person in there or a kind of a string thing. Like when you see Muppets in full body view.
That ain't a vision of love, it's a yoghurt commercial !
ChrisGethard
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: Day One

Post by ChrisGethard »

I personally think the scene of ALF running down the hallway is one of the funniest sight gags in the entire history of ALF.

- Chris Gethard