Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

I didn't like Project ALF at all

This forum is to discuss the Project: ALF movie from 1996.

Moderator: Administration Team

XXBadMushroomXX
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: for a while now

I didn't like Project ALF at all

Post by XXBadMushroomXX »

Project ALF was sad I just
hated it when he was kidnapped by the Alien Task Force! I Just hated him being punished i
t made me almost cry but I liked the part where the doctor shocked himself and Alf was pissing off the people who worked there that part was funny! But the worse part was when the soldiers put guns on him when ALF asked for cappuccino and he was tied to a chair it was just awful!!!!
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Re: I didn't like Project ALF at all

Post by Admin »

I'm sorry to hear that you did not like the film. I hope you at least enjoyed the happy ending :)
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by samstokes80 »

I have mixed feelings about Project ALF, but I do feel compelled to accept it since it is preferable to the way the series ended.
ALFIsMyIdol
Phlegm Dealer

Post by ALFIsMyIdol »

I kind of liked the film but I hated the ending.
That ain't a vision of love, it's a yoghurt commercial !
Suburban_Sensei
Cat Wrangler
ALF Fan Since: 1991

Post by Suburban_Sensei »

I'm with Samstokes on this one. I more so "accept" Project ALF than enjoy it. It's not horrible, I have some fond memories of watching it when it debuted, it was really my first time seeing new ALF on television, since I was pretty young when the show ended, and only became a fan thanks to old VHS tapes and reruns. As for Project ALF, the thing that throws me off is that ALF just isn't as lovable. In the television show, he gets into all kinds of mischief, but usually learns something or at least gets himself out of trouble by the end. In Project: ALF, there seems to be no real payoff and I feel like for some reason or another, they got him "wrong". He just didn't come off like the ALF from the show all the time, sometimes he seemed more mean-spirited (which he never was like that on the show) when he would joke around. I still own the DVD, and I watch it from time-to-time, I just hope this new ALF movie coming out is better and gets an actual theater release.
ChrisGethard
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: Day One

Post by ChrisGethard »

I love Project ALF more than any ALF project, I must admit.

I really applaud the chance the filmmakers took in giving us a less wacky and more serious look at the trials and tribulations that come along with being ALF. In a way, I feel like Project ALF was a pre-cursor to the Judd Apatow style comedy of modern day that is willing to be real and heartfelt ALONG with being funny. I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out that Mr. Apatow himself has seen and was influenced by Project ALF. Wouldn't that be a trip?! :shock:

- Chris Gethard
vampirevsrobot
Asteroid Polisher

Post by vampirevsrobot »

XXBadMushroomXX wrote:Project ALF was sad I just
hated it when he was kidnapped by the Alien Task Force! I Just hated him being punished i
t made me almost cry but I liked the part where the doctor shocked himself and Alf was pissing off the people who worked there that part was funny! But the worse part was when the soldiers put guns on him when ALF asked for cappuccino and he was tied to a chair it was just awful!!!!
I actually thought it was just flat out terrible...
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2002

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

I honesty have mixed feeling about it, I don't out right hate it, but I don't really like it either. the tanners are not in it, some of the things ALF does in it comes off as weird and out of the normal things he would do in the sitcom, like his attraction to the lady assistant of the ex-NASA guy (I forget his name) seemed kind of creepy to me. and I thought the actors that played melissa and rick were the worse actors I ever seen. I only liked it out the fact it gave some concluded relief to the fans of what happened to ALF after he had been taken away.
let's face it, I'm unforgettable!