Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

What Became of the Tanners?

This forum is to discuss the Project: ALF movie from 1996.

Moderator: Administration Team

eagc7
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 2006

What Became of the Tanners?

Post by eagc7 »

has you may or may not Know, The tanners were in a Federal witness protection program on iceland in teh film, people are sent to these programs When they are in danger so the Alien task force thought the Tanenrs were in danger with alf right?, so i was wondering what may happened ot them at the end?, nwo that alf is a public alien and is knwo to be not dangerous (im right?, i ahevtn seen the movie in years), but still, What oculd haev happened to the tanners at the end, They got otu fo the program, or yo uthnik they were still i nteh program After the film end?
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Re: What Became of the Tanners?

Post by Admin »

eagc7,

I didn't even know this post existed until today (don't know how I missed it). Unfortunately, we don't know exactly what happened to the Tanners at the end of the Project: ALF movie. Whether they got out of the program, or returned to their normal lives, we really can't be sure. I too have not watched the movie in quite some time, and might be worth watching the ending again. Sometimes they give out very subtle details that are easy to miss unless you've seen the movie 100+ times.

Anyone know any additional info?
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
eagc7
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 2006

Post by eagc7 »

all i know is that are only mentioend at the beggining of the film, that they are in iceland, in a protectino program. and they are not mentioend at the end

but im asking ya guys what you think could had happened to them after the film
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

This is the biggest problem I have with the movie, the disprespect shown to the Tanner family. I mean, we all love ALF but that love alo extends to the characters of the Tanner family. I think it was very unfortunate that they decided to explain their absence in the movie by simply saying they were in a protection program and are located in Iceland. They could have come up with something much better than that.

Consider Me Gone was not a happy ending, Project: ALF was supposed to give us that happy ending, not only to ALF, but to the Tanners as well. To know that they were taken away to a whole new continent against their wills, away from their family, friends, jobs & school is not a happy ending at all.

I stand by my thoughts from a couple of years ago, where I stated that the perfect way to have ended Project: ALF was for him to return to the Tanner house. We see a shot of him knocking on the door, we see the door opening and cut to ALF. We then hear Willie say "ALF...!?" *roll credits* It could have been done without ever hiring any actors from the original show, if that was a concern. It would have been cinematical perfection.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
Joe Shumway
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: somewhere in the nineties

Post by Joe Shumway »

AxelFoley wrote: I stand by my thoughts from a couple of years ago, where I stated that the perfect way to have ended Project: ALF was for him to return to the Tanner house. We see a shot of him knocking on the door, we see the door opening and cut to ALF. We then hear Willie say "ALF...!?" *roll credits* It could have been done without ever hiring any actors from the original show, if that was a concern. It would have been cinematical perfection.
It would been great scene. I think almost every fan would like this. :)
Willie: You can't vote ALF, you're not a citizen.
ALF: I'll apply for a green card.
Willie: That's only if you want a job.
ALF: Pass.
thehackercat
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 2004

Post by thehackercat »

True, true. I think a comparable scene would be the ending of Monster's Inc? That would definitely be nostalgic gold - even perhaps in a new ALF movie!
"Yeah, Willie; swing that axe!"
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

thehackercat wrote:True, true. I think a comparable scene would be the ending of Monster's Inc? That would definitely be nostalgic gold - even perhaps in a new ALF movie!
Yeah, actually that's true. I haven't seen that movie since the early 2000's, but I remember that scene now.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by samstokes80 »

That certainly would have been a nice way to bring things full circle and give the fans some closure. It is a shame that the Tanners had to uproot their lives and move to Reykjavik. Presumably after ALF becomes ambassador to Earth they would no longer need the protection of the FWPP, but it would have been nice to have at least had a little side comment from someone about how the Tanners were able to move back home and the Ochmoneks are just as wacky as ever, etc. As much as the last episode definitely left us all with a despairing lack of closure, there is still a small sense of loss in the uncertain fate of the Tanners.

Side note: I wonder if the Ochmoneks had to get put in the FWPP also, since Racquel had previously reported a sighting to the Alien Task Force, as did Flakey Pete.
Alpha Leader
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by Alpha Leader »

I know what really happend! In the last Episode Willie Drop ALF off in a crop circle so he can go with his friends but the Task Force got ALF then the space ship dissappeared then Willie went home and told his family that the task force abducted ALF. The FBI went to Willie's house and arrested him and his family for living with an Alien. Watch the Pilot Episode when the Task Force Leader said to Willie's wife do you have an Alien living here.
Alien Task Force is coming to capture ALF