Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Cartoons

Post anything you want here. This is the place where you get away from it all. In short, this is a forum for "chit-chat" and things of that sort.

Moderator: Administration Team

Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Cartoons

Post by Jessica »

I was wondering if any of you watched and liked any cartoons when you were little. If so, what did you like to watch then?
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Re: Cartoons

Post by Admin »

Nope, never watched them when they were originally on TV :(
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

I watched a ton of cartoons as a kid. My favorites were The Real Ghostbusters, Garfield and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I desperately want that cool Ghostbusters box set that was released a couple of years ago with all of the episodes.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
aniytik
Asteroid Polisher
ALF Fan Since: 2011

Post by aniytik »

One of my favourite cartoons was "Lion King". Actually I liked almost any cartoons where cats (wild or domestic) were represented. But Simba was one of my most adorable heroes.
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by Jessica »

My all time favorite is probably Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. That was awesome! I also watched tons of cartoons, the old Disney shows, The Real Ghostbusters and all.
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

Jessica wrote:My all time favorite is probably Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. That was awesome! I also watched tons of cartoons, the old Disney shows, The Real Ghostbusters and all.
You're a cool chick if there ever was one :)
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by ALFsince86 »

If you specifically mean the "ALF" cartoons, then yes, I saw them as a kid and liked them, my favorite of the two was "ALF Tales".

If you mean cartoons generally, yes, I watched and loved them (some I still watch today). Here is a list of my favorites...

Scooby Doo (anything from the original to "A Pup Named Scooby Doo")

Looney Tunes (you know: Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Elmer Fudd, etc.)

The Dukes (based on "The Dukes of Hazzard" TV series)

"Droids" & "Ewoks" (based on the "Star Wars" films)

and

"Super Friends" (Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman, etc.)
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by Jessica »

AxelFoley wrote:
Jessica wrote:My all time favorite is probably Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. That was awesome! I also watched tons of cartoons, the old Disney shows, The Real Ghostbusters and all.
You're a cool chick if there ever was one :)

Yeah, I know, I'm awesome. The list would be very long if I listed everything I've watched. xD
Mystiness EX
Cat Wrangler
ALF Fan Since: 2006

Post by Mystiness EX »

My favourite cartoon's Teen Titans. I think I belong to the younger generation. XD

But yeah, Teen Titans and Xiaolin Showdown are my utmost favourite cartoons. I also watched the Powerpuff Girls and some Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Oh, and I loved the first season of Loonatics Unleashed but I didn't watch the subsequent ones.

I'm also a fan of Pokemon, but that's not really a cartoon.
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by Jessica »

Then I guess we just watched different cartoons. I'm one of the younger ones here aswell.
aniytik
Asteroid Polisher

Post by aniytik »

It seems to me that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is the most popular cartoon among those who has answered the question. I can't say that it was one of my most favourite, but I did enjoy watching it as well. I remember that my favourite hero was Donatello. :)
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by Jessica »

That's very cool. At least you enjoyed it. I tjust thought, well, still thinks it's an awesome show. And most shows back then also had epic theme songs!
aniytik
Asteroid Polisher

Post by aniytik »

Speaking about theme songs - after reading this topic I decicded to find the thene song from "Ghostbusters". I don't remember is it is the same in cartoon and movie, but it's great. I loved and love it. It was a great pleasure to listen to it yesterday. I rememberes that I watched this cartoon also, but I can hardly recall it. The only fact that is still in my mind - I loved that fat green ghost.
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by Jessica »

That's great! Yep, Ghostbusters had a great and catchy theme songs. The version from the cartoon and the live action movie is not the same though.
ilovealf88
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: around 2000

Post by ilovealf88 »

Anybody remember Dexter's Lab? That was fun show and I still watch it from time to time. I also like the old looney tunes, Disney movies and shorts, Popeye, and Garfield and Friends. There's others I could list but that would take too long. :lol:
ALF: I had a cousin. Pretty Boy Shumway. If he didn't like your shoes...
[imitating gun sound] "ak-ak-ak-ak-ak."
Willie: He'd shoot a person because he didn't like his shoes?
ALF: No. He'd just point at you and go, "Ak-ak-ak-ak-ak."
ALFreak
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: ALF landed on earth

Post by ALFreak »

I currently watch;
*Invader Zim
*Futurama
*the simpsons
Oh Yeah? Well, You're a Wienier!
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2002

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

thundercats and voltron were the shit for me back in the day, I did watch TMNT too but not as much as the other too. also watched some the newer cartoon like dexter's lab and powerpuff girls and darkwing duck.
let's face it, I'm unforgettable!
robodog
Cat Wrangler
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by robodog »

Even though I grew up in the 80's and have a lot of fond memories of the decade I have to say most 80s cartoons were terrible. The Alf cartoons were pretty good as were the Real Ghostbusters and Ninja Turtles. Transformers is watchable too but the rest is pretty much trash. 80's toys were great but the cartoons not so much. This is the decade that gave us crap like Little Clowns from Happytown. Even when they had a decent concept like My Pet Monster the cartoon makers managed to foul it up. Great toyline, awful cartoon.

The 90's was a much better decade for animation. Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, Freakazoid, Earthworm Jim, Stunt Dawgs, the list goes on. This isn't even getting into the adult aimed shows like The Simpsons, The Critic, Futurama and Family Guy.
Meddle not in the affairs of animatronic beasts for you are crunchy and make an excellent fuel source
ALFreak
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: ALF landed on earth

Post by ALFreak »

robodog wrote:The 90's was a much better decade for animation. Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, Freakazoid, Earthworm Jim, Stunt Dawgs, the list goes on. This isn't even getting into the adult aimed shows like The Simpsons, The Critic, Futurama and Family Guy.
Hey, i remember Earthworm Jim! that show was awesome! I bought a bootleg (?) copy of the DVD set on eBay a few years ago. The listing made it sound like the real set, but when it came, i found out the episodes were all just taped off of TV and burned onto a DVD.
The 80's seemed to have good creative ideas, but poor execution. It seemed like the writers just stuck to a very firm guideline on episode ideas, that they all MUST have a corny moral at the end. I always thought the Beetlejuice cartoon was pretty good, along with most of G.I Joe.
Oh Yeah? Well, You're a Wienier!
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2002

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

robodog wrote:Even though I grew up in the 80's and have a lot of fond memories of the decade I have to say most 80s cartoons were terrible. The Alf cartoons were pretty good as were the Real Ghostbusters and Ninja Turtles. Transformers is watchable too but the rest is pretty much trash. 80's toys were great but the cartoons not so much. This is the decade that gave us crap like Little Clowns from Happytown. Even when they had a decent concept like My Pet Monster the cartoon makers managed to foul it up. Great toyline, awful cartoon.

The 90's was a much better decade for animation. Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, Freakazoid, Earthworm Jim, Stunt Dawgs, the list goes on. This isn't even getting into the adult aimed shows like The Simpsons, The Critic, Futurama and Family Guy.
you got a point there, some of the cartoons from the 80s were terrible, mostly because the were made just to sell the toy lines, I like thundercats and voltron mostly because of the theme song and it was really into action sci-fi cartoons, but yeah, looking back on them now, the animation and dialog is kind of awful compared to today's cartoons. cartoons did get better in the 90s.
let's face it, I'm unforgettable!