Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Send a "Thank You" to Jerry Lewis

Post anything you want here. This is the place where you get away from it all. In short, this is a forum for "chit-chat" and things of that sort.

Moderator: Administration Team

ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Send a "Thank You" to Jerry Lewis

Post by ALFsince86 »

In addition to being an ALF fan, I am a fan of Jerry Lewis. I was happy to see him in 2008 when he did a concert in Michigan. This is for any JL fans that might be on these boards.

As you may or may not know this will be Jerry's last appearance on the Telethon he created for MDA. It's being called a "retirement", but many fans, including myself, think he is being pushed out. Contrary to tabloid speculation, for a man of 85, Jerry is in good health. He contnues to travel to Australia once a year to raise money for MDA through concerts and he will remain as their National Chairman here in the US. Jerry also has many for-profit plans in the works.

The Jerry Lewis/MDA Labor Day Telethon has been an institution of television since 1966. I am sure Jerry will miss his yearly visit with the American public as he requests us to give from our hearts. It would be a major change for anyone, but especially for someone who has been doing it more than half his life. I am encouraging a "thank you" card/letter campaign. If you are so inclined please send Jerry a "thank you" card/letter the week prior to this year's telethon so that he will get it shortly afterward.

Jerry's business address is--

Jerry Lewis c/o
Jerry Lewis Films Inc.
2820 W. Charleston Blvd
Suite D33
Las Vegas NV 89102
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Re: Send a "Thank You" to Jerry Lewis

Post by Jessica »

I love Jerry Lewis. I'm a huge fan. Funny how I was just seeing a picture of him and noticed this thread right after. I really hope we will have him for many more years, and he still in good health.
ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011

Post by ALFsince86 »

Ditto what you said Jessica. I'm glad to find another JL fan on the site. I hope you'll join me this September in sending Jerry a "thank you" card/letter/note. I've posted this on two Jerry Lewis websites, this site, and a "Star Wars" site where I know there are fans.
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by Jessica »

Oh, cool. You are so lucky to have seen him. I would like to. AndI'll try sending him a letter. Yeah, I think he is awesome. Such a talented man. I have read he was retiring from the telethon, so I is it confirmed now? Do you know if he still writes autographs?
ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011

Post by ALFsince86 »

He does still do autographs and without charge. Still a class act.
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by Jessica »

Really? That's awesome. Can I request an autograph using the address above? Or do I need another adress?
ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011

Post by ALFsince86 »

You can request it at the one above. It's the one folks have been using for awhile now very successfully.
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by Jessica »

Great! Perhaps you could give me some advice on how I should send my letter. Like, do I need a self-addressed letter so he can send it back. Or how do I do it? I haven't written fan letters before,actually.
ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011

Post by ALFsince86 »

I used to send SASE but most celebrities send you an 8 x 10, so they don't use the envelope or your stamp. In recent years I have simply enclosed some stamps for their use. Some of them actually return the stamps, others use them. In Jerry's case, I don't remember doing either and I still got one. He usually sends an 8 x 10 with a collage of himself in many different poses/roles. The latest features one of him as "The Nutty Professor".
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by Jessica »

Wow, cool. So, if I've got this right. What I have to do is to send him a letter with my address, and he'll send a signed photo back? Simple as that, or what? xD I love The Nutty Professor.
ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011

Post by ALFsince86 »

Well, I would enclose a letter telling him that you love "The Nutty Professor", etc. Keep it personal. Also, sometimes you can have a LONG wait ahead of you. Jerry is active (for example, he'll be in Australia doing concerts with proceeds going to MDA later this month), so you may be waiting for awhile. Don't assume that you won't get one. I sent a request in February 2001 and didn't hear back until June of that year (as an example).
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by Jessica »

Okay, that's what I thought. I have written him a letter that I'm going to send this week. I'm really glad he's still active and working. Thanks for the information.
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by Jessica »

I sent it today. The stamp did cover a little of the "c/o" part.
ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011

Post by ALFsince86 »

I hope it's not a long wait for you!
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by Jessica »

I hope so too. I live in Sweden, so I guess I'll wait a while. I really hope he'll send a photo or something back. It would mean so much.
ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011

Post by ALFsince86 »

He usually does!

I didn't know you were from Sweden.
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by Jessica »

Oh, good.

Well, I am. And a young huge Jerry Lewis fan. :)
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

Jessica wrote:I sent it today. The stamp did cover a little of the "c/o" part.
Whoa, that fast? I've been trying to tell you how to write to ALF for about 4 years now! :D I guess he's up next?
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011

Post by ALFsince86 »

A few years ago (actually about 2003) I wrote to Paul Fusco and got a nice color photo of Gordon Shumway autographed by both ALF and Paul Fusco. Unfortunately I didn't keep the address and I am not sure if it would still be good anyway. I have been hunting the addresses of other stars of ALF since then, but so far nothing has worked out.
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

ALFsince86 wrote:A few years ago (actually about 2003) I wrote to Paul Fusco and got a nice color photo of Gordon Shumway autographed by both ALF and Paul Fusco. Unfortunately I didn't keep the address and I am not sure if it would still be good anyway. I have been hunting the addresses of other stars of ALF since then, but so far nothing has worked out.
Yeah, a bunch of us here at the forum has written to Paul Fusco and gotten replies. In fact, that's how I first signed up to this forum; I was googling ALF autograph and ended up here, realising I hadn't yet signed up to the actual forum of the site.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/