Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Post anything you want here. This is the place where you get away from it all. In short, this is a forum for "chit-chat" and things of that sort.

Moderator: Administration Team

melmacian56
ALF Fan Since: Forever

Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Post by melmacian56 »

Just wanted to know if anyone has picked up or tried out the new Ghostbusters video game? I thought I would post my thoughts on the game and also Jeremiah wanted to know if I enjoyed or not. Like ALF, Ghostbusters was a major franchise back in the 80's and if your a big fan I suggest you pick up this game right now because it ROCKS!I got it for the Xbox 360 and the graphics are insane. The characters look just like their real life counterparts and the voice work and acting is amazing. The original 4 Ghostbusters voice their characters and lent their likeness to the game as well as their secretary Janine. You play as a rookie intern who tests out the new Ghostbusters equipment and you become a part of the team to help the Ghostbusters fight all the evil threats that plague the city. This game is basically the 3rd Ghostbusters film but instead allows you to interact with the world. This game oozes nostalgia and will not dissapoint as you can face classic enemies from the 2 movies throughout the game and explore familiar environments. It's got online multiplayer so you can play co-op with up to 4 friends over Xbox Live. Most movies that are based on video games just plain suck, but Ghostbusters delivers in a HUGE way. It's available for PS3, 360, Wii, PC and Nintendo DS. I highly recommend that you try this game! It's some of the most fun I'v had playing a video game in a long time and will give you a good challenge.
"Oops, I made a boo boo".
ALF
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2005

Re: Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Post by ALF »

I am PSYCHED for this game. :D I went to both Target and GameStop the day it came out, expecting a demo version, but there were none available. I was very disappointed with the graphics for the Wii and PS2 though. The characters look like cartoons, and the graphics are horrible. I'm not going near it.

And I would get the Xbox 360 version or the PS3 version, except for the fact that I don't own either. Looks like I'll have to stick with the PC. :(
melmacian56
ALF Fan Since: Forever

Post by melmacian56 »

Now now, don't be bashing the Wii version because there is some cool things lol. The characters are meant to look cartoony in the Wii version because they were aiming to make the characters look like they were from the Real Ghostbusters cartoon. Here's a few things the Wii version actually has over the 360/PS3 version:
- Local splitscreen multiplayer. I like that you can play with a friend in your own home. The only way you can play online with the 360/PS3 version is over Xbox Live/Playstation Network and you can only have 1 player per console which is lame. I hate how these next generation gaming systems are pretty much eliminating local multiplayer and just focusing on online multiplayer.

- In the Wii version, you can play as either a male or female rookie intern. In the 360/PS3 version you can only play as a male which I think is unfair to female players.

- Motion controls. The motion controls make you feel more like a Ghostbuster.

If you prefer the more real looking characters then thats cool. Either way most Ghostbuster fans should have a good time playing any of the versions of the game.
twangle

Post by twangle »

I haven't tried it but i cant wait to see the movie thats coming out!!!!
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

Since I have a Wii nowadays, I'll be picking this game up pretty soon. I'm a huge Ghostbusters fan.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

Finally got around to picking up this game for my Wii...$8.57 shipped at Amazon.com! I'm looking forward to trying it out.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com