Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Uncut Episodes Coming to DVD!!

Just buy a new pair of ALF underwear? Brag about your collectibles and merchandise here.

Moderator: Administration Team

melmacian56
ALF Fan Since: Forever

Uncut Episodes Coming to DVD!!

Post by melmacian56 »

Today is a huge victory for ALF fans! It's the moment we have been waiting many years for.

ALF: The Complete Series- Deluxe Edition will crash land on Earth October 17th, 2023 courtesy of Shout! Factory!

This collection features for the first time ever the uncut* episodes for the original series alongside the complete series of ALF: The Animated Series, ALF Tales and Project: ALF in a 24 disc set! This collection will also feature new bonus features including involvement from ALF, Paul Fusco and Tom Patchett.

You can also pre-order a limited edition set that includes a prism sticker, vinyl record, enamel pin set, poster, retro lunch box and a collectible piece of the planet Melmac! This is the ultimate collection for the most die hard fans.

* "Try To Remember" has been edited for content and represents the best existing version of the episode.

Visit https://shoutfactory.com/en-ca/collections/alf to order your copy!

"Oops, I made a boo boo".
Melmacpizza
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 90s

Re: Uncut Episodes Coming to DVD!!

Post by Melmacpizza »

Great news, the set looks very nice. However, I am quite disappointed we didn’t get a Blu-Ray release as well.
AlfAlfa_26
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 2014

Post by AlfAlfa_26 »

I just found out about this release a few days ago and it is AMAZING! I already have the german DVD release, so my episodes are mostly uncut, but I have waited for years now to finally get the few missing scenes into my collection. I also waited for years to finally get some bonus material(interviews etc.), because the DVD release here in Europe has nothing but the episodes. If it was not enough, I will get both of the animated shows into my collection. As ALF is shown saying in the commercial for this release I saw on youtube a few days ago: Christmas comes early this year!
I can not wait for this release, and it is only fitting that the release date is the birthday of my father(though the set will likely not be at my home on this date).

Unlike Master Replicas, a company from which I have ordered some Star Trek models in the last few months, I just saw when I wanted to pre-order the ALF box with all the extra stuff(they would be my very first ALF merchandise besides the DVDs and I would LOVE to get them: an ALF vinyl!? I GOT to have this set!) that Shout!Factory only ships to USA and Canada.
Does anybody here know what I could do to still get this? I am afraid they will be running out of stock before I have found a way to order a set(or two, one as a christmas surprise for my sister).
Blinky
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since:  

Post by Blinky »

AlfAlfa_26 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:27 pm Does anybody here know what I could do to still get this? I am afraid they will be running out of stock before I have found a way to order a set(or two, one as a christmas surprise for my sister).
There exists parcel forwarding services, you send it to them & they ship to you for a small fee, just google parcel forwarding.

Alternatively, friends or family in can/usa ship it for you.
maybe even a member here would do it.

Take care
"Don't look back. Something might be broken." ―Grandpa Satchel
AlfAlfa_26
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by AlfAlfa_26 »

Blinky wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:30 pm
AlfAlfa_26 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:27 pm Does anybody here know what I could do to still get this? I am afraid they will be running out of stock before I have found a way to order a set(or two, one as a christmas surprise for my sister).
There exists parcel forwarding services, you send it to them & they ship to you for a small fee, just google parcel forwarding.

Alternatively, friends or family in can/usa ship it for you.
maybe even a member here would do it.

Take care
Thank you for your answer.
I had no knowledge of parcel forwarding services. I will definitely see if I can find a reliable service.
The other alternative, personal contacts in America, seems unlikely, as I have only distant cousins in the USA that I have never met before. So maybe it would be the best if a trustful member here could help me. Of course I would pay in advance and would come up for all of the shipping costs/fees.
AlfAlfa_26
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by AlfAlfa_26 »

I want to bump this topic, because I still have not required this release. Of course it would be the easiest for me to order it at amazon, but I still want to get the nice extras from Shout!Factory.

Because of the fact that I have absolutely no experiences with parcel forwarding services, I am too afraid to pick a false website.
So, would it be possible for anyone of you to order it for me and send it over to me? Of course, as I mentioned previously, I would pay for all the costs(in advance).
Nickwpearce
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by Nickwpearce »

Awesome!

Watching the HD upscaled fully uncut episodes from iTunes right now (Australia)!

This looks very nice indeed, hopefully we get bluray one day