Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

NEW DISCS!!

Just buy a new pair of ALF underwear? Brag about your collectibles and merchandise here.

Moderator: Administration Team

ALF'sgirl
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: June 24 2013

NEW DISCS!!

Post by ALF'sgirl »

Can I get a WOOT WOOT, EVERYBODY?! Today I my Alf Season 2 DVDS came; which means I'm only one season short from owning the whole original sitcom on DVD! I can't wait to watch e'm. :D
"You got a cat?"
Suburban_Sensei
Cat Wrangler
ALF Fan Since: 1991

Re: NEW DISCS!!

Post by Suburban_Sensei »

That's awesome, I own the whole series myself, and it's nice just popping in a random episode every now and then. Season 1 and 2 are tied as my favorites. So many classics!
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2002

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

congrats! :) I been meaning to buy the whole series on DVD, but I don't pay an outrageous price for them. thankfully there still places I can watch the series online.
let's face it, I'm unforgettable!
ALF'sgirl
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by ALF'sgirl »

I'm glad we're all enjoying the fuzzy little cutie on DVD; now the only thing I'm missing from my life being complete, is getting g a hug and picture with Owl City's Adam Young :D
"You got a cat?"
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

Ninjadragon5 wrote:congrats! :) I been meaning to buy the whole series on DVD, but I don't pay an outrageous price for them. thankfully there still places I can watch the series online.
How much does the complete series go for these days?
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
ALF'sgirl
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by ALF'sgirl »

Oh boy; sometimes a complete series can range from $32.00 to $49.00 PLUS SHIPPING
"You got a cat?"
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

exactly, when I see them priced that high, I'm like "haha nope." $30 is pretty much my limit, I don't want to overpay for them because how awfully edited the episodes are.
ALF'sgirl
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by ALF'sgirl »

I know, right? It's much better to just buy the seasons one by one
"You got a cat?"
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

Since a "series" means a "season" in British English, I'm not sure which one you are referring to. If you mean the complete series 1-4 for 30-49 dollars, that's extremely cheap. I don't think it's very expensive to pay that much for one season, either. I bought all the US seasons for roughly 50 bucks each, gladly. It is one of my favorite shows of all-time, after all. I bought all but one season while I was still in school and money was pretty tight, was still happy to pay that for them though. I guess physical media is not as important to a lot of people today, for me it's the only way to go if it's something I really enjoy and want to enjoy more than once.

With the American sets, you get exclusive ALF stuff you can't get anywhere else, and with the European sets you get almost all episodes fully uncut. Win-win :)
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
ALF'sgirl
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by ALF'sgirl »

Amen to that :)
"You got a cat?"
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

ALFicionado wrote:Since a "series" means a "season" in British English, I'm not sure which one you are referring to. If you mean the complete series 1-4 for 30-49 dollars, that's extremely cheap. I don't think it's very expensive to pay that much for one season, either. I bought all the US seasons for roughly 50 bucks each, gladly. It is one of my favorite shows of all-time, after all. I bought all but one season while I was still in school and money was pretty tight, was still happy to pay that for them though. I guess physical media is not as important to a lot of people today, for me it's the only way to go if it's something I really enjoy and want to enjoy more than once.

With the American sets, you get exclusive ALF stuff you can't get anywhere else, and with the European sets you get almost all episodes fully uncut. Win-win :)
yeah, I see your point, still 30-40 dollars is a little more then I'm willing to spend at the moment since I'm tight on money. maybe eventually I will decide to get them.