Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

French Alf Season One DVD set Odddity

Just buy a new pair of ALF underwear? Brag about your collectibles and merchandise here.

Moderator: Administration Team

greattvtowatch
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: the beginning

French Alf Season One DVD set Odddity

Post by greattvtowatch »

I recently received my French version of Alf The Complete Series and I may have Un-earthed the most complete Alf Season One series of all or its a misprint but here it is. The running time as quoted on the back of the Box and the DVD case said 1000 Mins but I'm unable to watch the DVD set bacause I don't presently own a Region-free player so if Any else has the French Season one of Alf, Let me know and Season 2-4 all run 500-600 mins each.

My camera isn't high tech but below is some pictures you might see the time.
Attachments
ALF 1.JPG
ALF 2.JPG
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Re: French Alf Season One DVD set Odddity

Post by samstokes80 »

I'm guessing the 1000 minutes include any sort of special features that are on the discs. The Lion's Gate version that I have, has some outtake reels and the original version of the pilot. That doesn't quite account for a full 1000 minutes, but maybe there are more special features on the French set.
Blinky
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since:  

Post by Blinky »

greattvtowatch wrote:I recently received my French version of Alf The Complete Series and I may have Un-earthed the most complete Alf Season One series of all or its a misprint but here it is. The running time as quoted on the back of the Box and the DVD case said 1000 Mins but I'm unable to watch the DVD set bacause I don't presently own a Region-free player so if Any else has the French Season one of Alf, Let me know and Season 2-4 all run 500-600 mins each.

My camera isn't high tech but below is some pictures you might see the time.
nice! all these new DVDs should have a thread, with all the details on runtime, extra features and etc.

what DVD player are you using? many DVD players can become region free by entering in a certain code
"Don't look back. Something might be broken." ―Grandpa Satchel
Blinky
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since:  

Post by Blinky »

over at the french amazon, it says season 1 has:

Duration: 650 minutes
"Don't look back. Something might be broken." ―Grandpa Satchel
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

I seriously doubt the French DVD is any different in length compared to the other releases. I believe they are all released by Warner, so there shouldn't be more special features on a release in one country compared to another. The only exception could have been Germany, since ALF was/is so popular there. But their release was bare-boned.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
greattvtowatch
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: the beginning

Post by greattvtowatch »

over at the french amazon, it says season 1 has: Duration: 650 minutes
Yeah, I saw that to but they don't include a back cover shot of the DVD only the front cover and how can Warner Bros. or Amazon mistakely think 650 Mins. is 1000 mins. those two numbers don't even look alike but when I get a region free player I will let anyone here know the contents.
ALFreak
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: ALF landed on earth

Post by ALFreak »

They could, of course, have simply rounded up or something like that. Its seems like 1000 might be a little too many to me....
Oh Yeah? Well, You're a Wienier!
mariya
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: fghfhg

Post by mariya »

very nice post