Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

ALF Unsyndicated DVD Sets

Just buy a new pair of ALF underwear? Brag about your collectibles and merchandise here.

Moderator: Administration Team

Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

ALF Unsyndicated DVD Sets

Post by Admin »

I've been giving some further thought to the possibility of unsyndicated ALF DVD sets here in the US. Up until today, I would have been the first one to say that the chances are slim and none (and that has been the basic consensus for several years now).

However...

I've been thinking a lot about the company Mill Creek Entertainment. Currently, they are re-releasing all seasons of That 70s Show and Roseanne (both shows that were released under another company with syndicated episodes) and their releases have led to a very positive response from fans.

That 70s Show probably has a much bigger following right now, and both series ran probably twice as long as ALF did. Even so, I can't help but think about whether or not Mill Creek Entertainment would consider doing a re-release of ALF.

High hopes and it may not ever happen, but figured I would bring up the slim slim possibility. If the movie is a big hit, maybe they would jump on it.

Thoughts?

(dead horse officially beaten) :lol:
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Re: ALF Unsyndicated DVD Sets

Post by samstokes80 »

I don't know, but I sure hope to see it happen. Maybe when the release of the ALF film approaches, Lion's Gate or Mill Creek will see the value in doing an uncut release.

I do appreciate Mill Creek for releasing the entire series of Robin Hood starring Richard Greene, I have still yet to watch them all, but it is a very entertaining show.
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

With the upcoming movie, there's a definite chance someone will jump at the chance to please US fans of ALF.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
ALFIsMyIdol
Phlegm Dealer

Post by ALFIsMyIdol »

I hope for a continuation of the animated shows and a complete uncut TV show. Until now I wasn't very optimistic about it but with the film coming out, it could happen.
That ain't a vision of love, it's a yoghurt commercial !
NoProblem86
Asteroid Polisher

Post by NoProblem86 »

Lions Gate knows that lost a decent amount of sales with the lackluster DVDs sets they released. Word of mouth got around fast and Lions Gate knew it. However, with ALF more popular overseas than here at home, there was no incentive to get it right unless Fusco made a stink.

The release of The Odd Couple and The Muppet Show also took some hits. Columbia Pictures kept releasing all sorts of compilations of The Three Stooges short and sales fluctuated. Then they got it right and released all the shorts, unedited, in order.

The release of the ALF movie does bode well for us fans if the it is well received. Any time DVD sales can be pushed along because of a large-scale event, money is usually allotted for proper re-releases of material for maximum sales. Who knows? Mike Judge has still has say over which early episodes of Beavis and Butt-Head are made available and much of the first season is nearly impossible to find. There is a good chance we may forever be stuck with syndication.

What will help is if Paul Fusco, Tom Patchett, Debmar-Mercury and Lions Gate Entertainment hears from fans loud and clear prior to the released.
"Before you get up for that final snack, I want you to know I'll be right back. HA!"