Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

COMPLETE SERIES DVD Set Coming to Canada!

Just buy a new pair of ALF underwear? Brag about your collectibles and merchandise here.

Moderator: Administration Team

Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

COMPLETE SERIES DVD Set Coming to Canada!

Post by Admin »

ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
melmacian56
ALF Fan Since: Forever

Re: COMPLETE SERIES DVD Set Coming to Canada!

Post by melmacian56 »

Darn it Jeremiah, you beat me to it!

Only fear that I have is that these will be the syndicated episodes. Alliance bought the rights from Lionsgate and I just purchased Alliance's Saved By The Bell-Complete Collection which just released this past Tuesday. They bought that show from Lionsgate as well.It is the exact same discs that were used in the separate season retail releases. The Saved By The Bell DVD's also had a few syndicated episodes in their set. There may be a chance that all the extras from the previous ALF releases might make it to this release. To use Saved By The Bell as an example again, all the extras were still intact in the Complete Collection. If Alliance is going to use the Syndicated episodes then they better plan on mentioning it on the box.

I don't mean to be too picky but I am not a big fan of the art for the slip cover. The font used seems really plain and the whole box doesn't really look that attractive especially with the colors. Maybe it is just a mockup.
"Oops, I made a boo boo".
Bring Back ALF
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by Bring Back ALF »

Beat me to it too!

I bet its the same previous cut versions repackaged.

Not keen on the box art either, doesn't feel like ALF. :cry:
"Find out what you don't do well and don't do it!" Gordon Shumway Sept 86

www.instagram.com/bringbackalf/
https://www.facebook.com
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

Yeah, just came here to report about this box set. Definitely agree about the horrible artwork, atrocious!
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Admin »

I'm thinking they will probably be syndicated, but I'm still hoping (fingers crossed).
Blinky
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since:  

Post by Blinky »

The picture of the box of DVDs look bad, and the DVD sets themselves have the same pictures that Lionsgate used except the colours are changed slightly.

I can not predict anything being uncut from this set.
"Don't look back. Something might be broken." ―Grandpa Satchel
melmacian56

Post by melmacian56 »

I do not see the Alliance logo on the spine of the slip cover. As I stated before, I believe this is just a placeholder image until the finalized cover art is actually completed.
Blinky
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since:  

Post by Blinky »

The Alliance logo is located on the spine of both DVD cases, in the second picture.
melmacian56

Post by melmacian56 »

Blinky wrote:The Alliance logo is located on the spine of both DVD cases, in the second picture.
Yes but it is not on the spine of the slip cover that the cases go into. At the least I think the slip cover is a placeholder image.

I don't know about you guys but I thought about this set all last night. I just wish there was something we could do to get the unedited episodes on this set. We shouldn't have to settle for syndicated episodes.
ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

melmacian56 wrote:
Blinky wrote:The Alliance logo is located on the spine of both DVD cases, in the second picture.
Yes but it is not on the spine of the slip cover that the cases go into. At the least I think the slip cover is a placeholder image.

I don't know about you guys but I thought about this set all last night. I just wish there was something we could do to get the unedited episodes on this set. We shouldn't have to settle for syndicated episodes.
There's still the German DVD's :wink:

melmacian56

Post by melmacian56 »

ALFicionado wrote:
melmacian56 wrote:

lol Yes that is true. But we deserve the FULL episodes here! If they are not unedited then technically they can't call it the COMPLETE series.
Blinky
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since:  

Post by Blinky »

Verbatim that!

melmacian56

Post by melmacian56 »

So I am sitting at work right now on my night shift bored out of my skull. I decided to look up some ALF stuff. I was planning on going to Wal-Mart when I get off work to check out the box set. Wal-Mart just a few minutes up the road. The set is supposed to be releasing today but I actually have my doubts now because there is still NO pre-order listing on Amazon.ca for the set. I'm starting to believe that it has been delayed. If the set was coming out today than there would be some sort of pre-order listing on Amazon for it.
Blinky
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since:  

Post by Blinky »

there is no pro-order for alf on amazon.ca like you said, but this is shown:

1 new from CDN$ 65.24

not sure if its legit, because its probably delayed like you said. the complete series is also listed for sale on chapters canada website, but this may also be in a similar situation.
melmacian56

Post by melmacian56 »

I stopped by when I got off work. They had the price tag out on the shelf for it but the lazy buggers had NONE of the new stock for new video games and DVD's put out! I did not get to see the set but I am definitely going back within the next 24 hours to check it out. The price I seen on the shelf for it will cost you $50 plus tax. I will keep you all posted on the rest of my findings.

Blinky,
I checked out the Chapters listing and it says the set won't be shipping out for 3-5 weeks. That is very strange.
melmacian56

Post by melmacian56 »

So, I had the new box set in my hands today. After inspecting it I decided not to buy it. It is the EXACT same content that we all got with the previous season releases. The box art is exactly the same as in the picture listing. Yes, it is just as ugly in person as well lol

2 double sized DVD cases are inside of a large Slipcase box. It has the same list of special features listed on the back of the box as well as the pictures of ALF from all the covers of the season sets in a 4 square grid. ALF's face does bump out of the box a tiny bit just like on the slipcovers of the season sets which is probably the only redeeming factor. It does not list on the back that they are the syndicated episodes but I know they are. There is even a tiny LionsGate logo on the bottom of the back of the box. There was no way I was spending $50 plus on the same DVD's I already own which come in ugly packaging. Every box had some sort of wear too because they had them stuck in those DVD shelf holders. I recommend you all AVOID this set. I am a huge fan of Alliance Home Entertainment releases but this is probably the ugliest one I have seen them put out.
Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Admin »

What irritates me the most about the packaging is that they flipped some images of ALF...which means that his hair is pointing the wrong direction!
ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

I didn't even think about that, what a hack job they did on the set! You can tell they really just threw it together fast so they could get it out on the market. We got hit with the news of this set only less than a month before its release.

Blinky
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since:  

Post by Blinky »

Just seen the set at wal-mart. the slipcase picture of alf is foolish.

I wonder did they bother to fix the errors that the previous loionsgate releases had.
Bring Back ALF
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by Bring Back ALF »

So disappointing but I had a feeling this set would just be a cheap reissue. Very lazy that they couldn't get the uncut R2 discs to release, they could have made a big deal out of it being uncut!

I might make my own slipcase for it! :D
"Find out what you don't do well and don't do it!" Gordon Shumway Sept 86

www.instagram.com/bringbackalf/
https://www.facebook.com