Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

What's NEW in your collection?

Just buy a new pair of ALF underwear? Brag about your collectibles and merchandise here.

Moderator: Administration Team

Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2002

Re: What's NEW in your collection?

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

some more Alf stuff I recently bought.
some Alf bumper stickers and yes, I finally give in an bought an Alf plushie, it's the one made by nanco in 2002. In a way i like the nanco ones better then the ones that were made in the 80s, just because it looks more like Alf. but it really depends on which one you buy, some are better made then others.
Attachments
P1000501.jpg
P1000498.jpg
let's face it, I'm unforgettable!
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

Nice! I still need to get a Nanco one.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

recently got a good deal on 2 ALF calenders, what I think is really neat is they both list the names of the months both in english and melmacian and not only they list our earth holidays, but holidays that were on malmac too. also I noticed in one the calenders it put Alf's birthday down on october 2nd and again on august 12th, but I thought his birthday was on october 28th, I'm so confused! XC
Attachments
P1000506.JPG
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by samstokes80 »

Yeah, there are conflicting birth dates depending on what you read. On the show, he says that his birthday is 28th of Nathanganger (October), but he also says that he is turning 229 (if I remember right) in August. So even ALF doesn't get it right. Of course, I'll be lucky if I can remember anything when I get to that age! :lol:
robodog
Cat Wrangler

Post by robodog »

That brings up an interesting question. Why is it that in science fiction it's always assumed aliens will live so much longer than us? And why is non human blood always green? Both these tropes apply to Alf at least according to him. It's weird that Melmacians know exactly what age they'll die too. They may not have much in the way of diseases in their species which may explain why they live so long.

Now back to your regularly scheduled sessions of showing off awesome Alf swag. A very noble pursuit I might add,
Meddle not in the affairs of animatronic beasts for you are crunchy and make an excellent fuel source
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

samstokes80 wrote:Yeah, there are conflicting birth dates depending on what you read. On the show, he says that his birthday is 28th of Nathanganger (October), but he also says that he is turning 229 (if I remember right) in August. So even ALF doesn't get it right. Of course, I'll be lucky if I can remember anything when I get to that age! :lol:
so I guess even in the show they did not really give ALF an confirmed birthday. kind of makes Alf's life history a little vague and contradicting itself. personally, i think they should of just picked a birthday and stuck with it instead of changing all the time, less confusing for the audience. plus, since melmacians have such long life spans they probably age slower then we do, so i guess 229 would be mid to late 20s in human years? so he's not that old.
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

robodog wrote:That brings up an interesting question. Why is it that in science fiction it's always assumed aliens will live so much longer than us? And why is non human blood always green? Both these tropes apply to Alf at least according to him. It's weird that Melmacians know exactly what age they'll die too. They may not have much in the way of diseases in their species which may explain why they live so long.

Now back to your regularly scheduled sessions of showing off awesome Alf swag. A very noble pursuit I might add,
those are interesting questions, but i guess when your creating an alien species, you have to think outside the box and your not really doing that by thinking most alien species would look similar to us as humans. many other planets like earth that able too sustain life may not gone the same revolution path as ours has, thus creating animals very different from what we know on earth. it's hard to say why melmacians have such long life spans, but having very few diseases could a factor in it or that their bodies immune system are strong against most of their diseases. but also Alf did mention a plant that was on melmac that cured just about every illness and disease on their planet. so maybe that is secret to their long life, the more they ate the plant, the more the immune to diseases they became and thus living longer.
as for melmacians know exactly went their going to die, that is kind of impossible to predict, as humans we always think that our maximum life span is 100, but in this day and age i heard of people living past that and of course everyone's body aging differently based on their body types and genes, so some people could die very young or grow very old. death is a very unpredictable thing, we all know that for a fact we are going to die eventually, we just don't know when. unless melmacians lived in a very stable environment with few diseases were they all of them at the same body type and same genes, (which I have seen from the cartoon, I highly doubt) there is no way all of them could die at the same time.
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by samstokes80 »

Yeah, I don't think the solid 650 year lifespan thing wasn't well thought out. Even though Melmacians may be entirely immune to disease from eating Carl Shrub, surely Melmacians could die in accidents and war and such. After all, Melmac exploded in a nuclear war.
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

got a good deal on one of those soft wall hanging things of ALF. I got this one for only $12.
Attachments
P1000529.JPG
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by samstokes80 »

I don't think I've seen one of these before.
ilovealf88
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: around 2000

Post by ilovealf88 »

That is almost the exact pose ALF has on the cover of the ALF goes wild audio book.
ALF: I had a cousin. Pretty Boy Shumway. If he didn't like your shoes...
[imitating gun sound] "ak-ak-ak-ak-ak."
Willie: He'd shoot a person because he didn't like his shoes?
ALF: No. He'd just point at you and go, "Ak-ak-ak-ak-ak."
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

samstokes80 wrote:I don't think I've seen one of these before.
I've seen a few of these on Ebay, but they are pretty rare. I think they were made in germany?
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

ilovealf88 wrote:That is almost the exact pose ALF has on the cover of the ALF goes wild audio book.
you know, it does! lol never really noticed that. XD
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

okay, so here is what I got for christmas ALF wise, another one those soft wall hanging things and a lot of little ALF figures. I would of had the french DVD boxset of ALF too, but my mail service SUCKS.:( hopefully it will arrive in a day or two later.

:EDIT: nevermind! my ALF french DVD boxset came today!
Attachments
P1000700.JPG
P1000695.JPG
P1000693.JPG
Last edited by Ninjadragon5 on Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALFreak
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: ALF landed on earth

Post by ALFreak »

I didn't get any ALF merchandise this Christmas, but I did get the ALF board game and the Talking ALF doll earlier in the year. I'm not sure if the ALF doll works or not, because I didn't get any of his tapes, and I can't find any old Metallica tapes :roll: . The board game is complete and in very good condition, however, so that's cool.
Oh Yeah? Well, You're a Wienier!
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

nice score on the ALF game.yeah, it really hard to tell if the talking ALF doll works without the types, still a good item to have whether it works or not.
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

That French ALF box set is beautiful, and huge!
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

I know, right? I was surprised how big it was, the ALF doll inside was not quite what I expected, but still it don't matter, I love it for the DVDs!
shreddinghead
Cat Wrangler
ALF Fan Since: 1993

Post by shreddinghead »

Today is my norwegian alf comic book collection complete. 8)

This came in the mail today, from Aalesund.

Unfortunately there was a little accident, but for 15 NOK(about 2 dollars) i will say it's minute.

Well here is the complete series of this brand of alf comics my friends.

I even got an item from the books on cassette series as an finishing touch. :D Even though the cassette is missing. :(

Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

is that all the ALF comics that were ever published in norwegian? dam, you missed out on a lot of comics, but congrats anyway! :)
I have all the ALF comics and that ALF book too, I'm missing the tape as well.