Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

**UPDATED** I won a HUGE off-brand ALF

Just buy a new pair of ALF underwear? Brag about your collectibles and merchandise here.

Moderator: Administration Team

TheMasterTurtle
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1989

**UPDATED** I won a HUGE off-brand ALF

Post by TheMasterTurtle »

I just won this item off of eBay the other day and got it in the mail today. It's not 100% ALF-accurate however I'll be making as many modifications I can to get him close to perfect. I know it stated in the auction that he was 44" tall but you just can't grasp the size of this thing unless you have it next to you in person..

As I start the modifications I'll be happy to post updates if anyone would like. Also, it doesnt have any tags on it. Has anyone seen it before?
Also credit to the seller for these pictures.. I hope to upload my own soon
Last edited by TheMasterTurtle on Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
spanks_4
Phlegm Dealer

Re: I won a HUGE off-brand ALF

Post by spanks_4 »

So you are the person that one that. Should be happy that I was after something much bigger or this would be mine.
spanks_4
Phlegm Dealer

Post by spanks_4 »

ALSO: Pl ease don't destroy this thing. He isn't really that bad off and just because he isn't "licensed" doesn't make him a really nice piece for a collection.
TheMasterTurtle
Apprentice Lint Brush

spanks_4 wrote:So you are the person that one that. Should be happy that I was after something much bigger or this would be mine.
I am very happy with this! I had quite a high reserve so I would have been up for the bidding war :wink:

And sorry to break the news :( but reconstructive surgery has already begun. I've started with the face. Dont worry because I will do great job. I wasnt really looking for a "great piece" as much as I was looking for Big and Accurate! They had the big part handled and I knew I could take care of the accurate.
spanks_4
Phlegm Dealer

Post by spanks_4 »

I will commence to crying now. BTW: If I wanted it I would of had it no if, ands, or buts about it.
TheMasterTurtle
Apprentice Lint Brush

spanks_4 wrote:I will commence to crying now. BTW: If I wanted it I would of had it no if, ands, or buts about it.
No need for crying it's coming along very nicely actually.

Too bad we couldnt have the bidding war again! :wink:
QueenofMelmac
Junior Orbit Guard

Post by QueenofMelmac »

He's the same color as your dog. HA! 8)
"You are getting sleepy. You... are no longer a cat. You are a bagel. "
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

spanks_4 wrote:I will commence to crying now. BTW: If I wanted it I would of had it no if, ands, or buts about it.
I've heard that before :lol:

Congrats on the purchase, let us know how it will end up looking!
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
spanks_4
Phlegm Dealer

Post by spanks_4 »

AxelFoley wrote:

You also have witnissed it a couple times. Something about that Alf clock in box, alf lamp in box, alf tooth brush set in box, costume in box, and wall lamp just demanded a tad bit more attention that an unofficial alf.
TheMasterTurtle
Apprentice Lint Brush

AxelFoley wrote:

Hey thanks!

It's been a week since I've posted but I've got updates for you all! Here I'll include the thumbs as well as descriptions. Also I'll supply the link so you may all go check ou the full sizes images as well! Please let me know what you think!

Here is the original off-brand, 42" ALF I purchased. I knew this would be the perfect size for mr to create a close replica to our favorite Alien Life Form.

When I first got the item in the mail I noticed he had a real fine fur on his ears and snout. His face also wasnt shaped correctlty.
I began by shaving his face. In these pictures you can see it's been shaven down to the base of the material. I then noticed his eyes were a bit off. They werent "sunken" in enough to I sewed them in such a way to add a bridge to his snout and pull them into the head a bit more. I knew I could add more depth with paint later.

Now came the really tricky part. How was I going to turn his face into something that wouldnt resemble material and which I could easily paint without it continuing to soak into the fabric. A few years ago my intrest in mask making perked and I had some left over mask latex. I applied some to a small patch of the roof of his mouth since Id be covering it later. I liked the result it gave me so I applied to the entire face 4 or 5 times. The top left picture is the first application of the latex. After the first I actually hated the shape of his face so I cut open the roof of his mouth and began to stuff it and reshape it into something that reselmbled him a lot more. I wasnt sure how I was going to do the ears yet but after the face was turning out so well I decided to shave and latex them as well as you can see in the lower left image.

Next was my base coats. I disliked his color because he was a very light tan. Using a mixture of paints/ coats I painted and shaped his fur/ body as you can see in this pictue. It was also my first coats applied to the face and ears.

He isnt done yet and I really only have a few steps to go BUT I didnt want to spoil it by showing where he is now. Instead Im giving this teaser so you can get an idea of how hes coming along. The face details are done including the paint job, eyebrows, hair, moles, and my personal favorite additions of eyelids and lashes! I've got the mouth and feet left and Im not sure if I'll be redoing the hands yet.

Here's the Link!
http://www.picturevillage.com/photos/ma ... nWoXx/ALF/
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Re: **UPDATED** I won a HUGE off-brand ALF

Post by Jessica »

That's a really cool ALF!!! :D
puppet_guy
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1980

Post by puppet_guy »

aw the pix don't work anymore
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

The original pictures were directly from the auction website, so that's why they no longer work.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
Blinky
Junior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since:  

Post by Blinky »

i dont follow whats going on ,
"Don't look back. Something might be broken." ―Grandpa Satchel
melmacian56
ALF Fan Since: Forever

Post by melmacian56 »

Blinky,

The user who created this topic linked photos from the auction he won the ALF from. The auction has now been removed and that is why none of the photos are showing up on this page.
"Oops, I made a boo boo".
alfrules27
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by alfrules27 »

Can you re-up the pics?
Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Admin »

alfrules27,

Welcome to the forum!!!
TheMasterTurtle
Apprentice Lint Brush

Here is the finished ALF after all the work I put into.. life got busy and I havnt been around. Sorry for those who wanted to see the final product
Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Admin »

Much nicer than mine! I have one of the ALF dolls they sold at the carnivals/fairs...I'm afraid that every time I touch it it will fall apart.
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

Wow, that looks great! Good work.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/