Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

What will ALF`s new adventure be in this movie?

The latest ALF movie recently given the green light by Sony Pictures Animation. It will be produced by Jordan Kerner, Paul Fusco, and Tom Patchett. Discuss it here!

Moderator: Administration Team

alfonthehub2013
Cat Wrangler
ALF Fan Since: 1993

What will ALF`s new adventure be in this movie?

Post by alfonthehub2013 »

How do you fans think it will go down for ALF in this 2014 movie? :mrgreen: :roll:
Natassja Phillips

"You crawl under people's houses, you hear things!"
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2002

Re: What will ALF`s new adventure be in this movie?

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

I think it will go two ways, first one is we him on his home planet first, planet explodes, alf crashes into the tanners house, alf spends some time with the tanners, finally gets in contact with own kind again, then the alien task force finds out about him and then it a race to alf back to own people before the alien task force captures him and then a big close encounters with the third kind moment and then alf goes home.

second way might be,we see alf on home planet first, planet explodes, alf crashes into the tanner house, spends some time with the tanners, then alf gets in contact with own kind again, evil melmacian villain invades earth, the good melmacians join up with the US military to defeat the melmacian villain, lots of battle scenes! finally they defeat the melmacian villain, alf reunites with his own kind and alf's people chose to stay on earth.

this is just my mind coming up with crazy ideas. XD
let's face it, I'm unforgettable!
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by samstokes80 »

I imagine this will either be:

1) A prequel of some sort with ALF on Melmac, perhaps a tale of his time in the Orbit Guard fighting the invaders that would eventually destroy the planet.

Or

2) A sequel taking place after Project: ALF in which ALF is the Galactic Ambassador to Earth and the Earth needs his help against some catastrophe, such as an invasion or pending asteroid collision, etc. Or perhaps it could be about ALF figuring out a way to join his friends on the New Melmac colony.

I think it would be a mistake to recast the Tanners and do a retelling of his crash-landing on Earth, although I guess they could do like the new Star Trek films and create an alternate reality in which ALF's landing on Earth occurs in some completely different way.
alfonthehub2013
Cat Wrangler

You people have very strong thoughts about the new movie. I think if they put in the tanners it would be first a question from ALF is to why they sort of betrayed him and if there would be a chance of if he could ever forgive them. Brain probably would have started to search for ALF now that he is a grown man in the city not knowing that ALF has found the other Tanners. They reunite later in the movie and ALF holds no grudge towards him because of the long time friendship right up to the day he was capture by the Alien task Force. But that's just my small theory. Any one else have a good argument on the matter at hand?
Natassja Phillips

ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

How did the Tanners sort of betray ALF?
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
shreddinghead
Cat Wrangler

Post by shreddinghead »

They didn't have a say in his capture, so there was no betrayal.
alfonthehub2013
Cat Wrangler

In the movie Project ALF it was said by a lady in the alien task force that they testified that of ALF living with them in the court room before ALF was handed over. So it sounds like betrayal a bit.
Natassja Phillips

Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

I still don't see that as a betrayal, at that point the probably no choose but to confess because ALF as already been found out and there was no point in hiding it any longer, they probably would have faced jail time anyway.
Gordo
Phlegm Dealer

Post by Gordo »

Its sounding a lot like a reboot of the sitcom

do we know this is definitely going ahead for 2014? I think we would have heard more by now, CGI especially takes a long time.
alfonthehub2013
Cat Wrangler

You have a good point, I'm also talking about on ALF's thinking terms. Sometimes he doesn't know any better that's why he's funny.
Natassja Phillips

Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

yeah, that is true, he is still a little clueless sometimes to how things work on earth, so he would not fully understand.
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

ALF cared about the Tanners, I don't think he'd be mad at them just for testifying since they'd might be in trouble if they didn't. He was already caught and nothing they said could harm him.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/