Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

ALF MOVIE 2014: What are we in for?

The latest ALF movie recently given the green light by Sony Pictures Animation. It will be produced by Jordan Kerner, Paul Fusco, and Tom Patchett. Discuss it here!

Moderator: Administration Team

ALF'sgirl
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: June 24 2013

ALF MOVIE 2014: What are we in for?

Post by ALF'sgirl »

I don't know about the rest of the ALF fans, but I am truly excited to hear about the new ALF movie! However; I have so many questions regarding, well...EVERYTHING! What's the plot gonna be like? Will the new CGI ALF look decent? Who'll be the co-star? And will he have a cat? Wait, what am I saying? OF COURSE HE'S GONNA HAVE A CAT! Although seventeen years have gone by since PROJECT ALF; I honestly don't know what to expect at all, but I can still guess, right? My guesses are like, a mild mannered guy with a crush on this cute girl at work who is always treated like the nerdy loser at your average high school, is driving home one night, and happens to find ALF at crash site, or, a teenager comes across ALF and is constantly trying to hide him from his parents. I don't know...what do yo guys think? Leave your thoughts in the replies! :)
"You got a cat?"
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2002

Re: ALF MOVIE 2014: What are we in for?

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

so far, the info on the movie is very vague, so far all we know it that is certainly going to happen, sony pictures is producing it and and paul fusco will be involved in the movie. no news on the plot or anything yet.
personally, i want a lot like the sitcom, he crashes to earth but not in the their garage this time, but somewhere in the woods, a family find him and take him in and protects from the alien task force.
let's face it, I'm unforgettable!
ALFreak
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: ALF landed on earth

Post by ALFreak »

I think It'll probably be something like what you guys said. However, I thought i read on here once that Mr.Fusco wanted to have it take place on Melmac? That'd be cool :mrgreen: . Another possible idea is that it could be about what has happened to ALF since Progect:ALF? Like maybe more about his current life, or explaining whatever happened to the tanners and jake. One thing is for sure, though; I hope it has both the great comedy of the sitcom, and the exellent overall writing of the Christmas special!
Oh Yeah? Well, You're a Wienier!
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2002

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

really? that would be really cool is paul started the movie out on melmac. I predict the movie will go with two plot sernios: either it is a reboot starting with Alf being on melmac or it will be a continuation after the events in project: ALF. either way it goes, I'm good with it, just as long as it is good and funny.
let's face it, I'm unforgettable!
Orbitguardmatt1
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1987

Post by Orbitguardmatt1 »

I'm so happy to hear that there's a Alf movie in the works. As a long time fan, this makes me so happy to see that alf is making a comeback. I heard that it might be half cgi and half live actor and that's okay, cause i'm still a big fan and that will never change, not even if the movie tottaly stinks....100% Pure Alf Fan.