Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Younger audience?

The latest ALF movie recently given the green light by Sony Pictures Animation. It will be produced by Jordan Kerner, Paul Fusco, and Tom Patchett. Discuss it here!

Moderator: Administration Team

Alf Winchester
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 2008

Younger audience?

Post by Alf Winchester »

Sure ,we all know who Alf is. But not many younger audience ranging from 1-18 most likely have to idea who Alf is. Would the movie be ment more for adults or kids? Is the movie the best introduction of Alf to a younger audience?

I can only hope that this movie will not be a bust. We have had to many Alf related busts and do not need anymore. :|

In conclusion, i can not wait to see my favorite alien returing. Also i am looking forward to the movie! :)
samstokes80
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Re: Younger audience?

Post by samstokes80 »

There is not much information at all to go one yet, but I imagine it will appeal to family audiences like the original show - some of the humor is for the adults, but it still appeals to children. I hope so, anyway.
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2002

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

it is very true that most of the younger generation don't know who alf is, which is a shame really,guess he was not as remediable as some of the other 80s icons.
it is hard to say whether or not it will go for a younger audience, I bet only half the audience will be nostalgia goers like us who grew up with the show, so it might very well go a younger audience just because kids are a wider target audience that sell movies these days, but it would cool if they kept a family movie, meant mostly for kids, but put a bit of adult humor in it.

I have also messed with the idea what if the alf movie was more like the movie ted, but I don't think seeing alf smoking pot, drinking beer or swearing would go over too well with audiences. XD
let's face it, I'm unforgettable!
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

I think this movie will be a great introduction for kids to the character of ALF. It'll probably be very family oriented with some adult humor as well.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
ALFIsMyIdol
Phlegm Dealer

Post by ALFIsMyIdol »

I think lots of kids in Serbia know who Alf is. After 'Only Fools and Horses' it is the most aired series on TV.
That ain't a vision of love, it's a yoghurt commercial !
ALFreak
Phlegm Dealer
ALF Fan Since: ALF landed on earth

Post by ALFreak »

I hope it doesn't get all 'sugar coated', where the characters and storyline is changed up to be all kid friendly with nothing for older audiences to enjoy. But I'm sure they won't take away ALF's signature personality, because that's what we all know ALF for.
Oh Yeah? Well, You're a Wienier!
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

If they can find the appropriate balance, and make it appeal to BOTH kids and long-time fans, they will surely have something special here. The Smurfs 2 is coming out this summer if I recall - if that franchise can have continued success, I'm sure ALF can too!
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

yeah, it baffles me how that movie got a sequel, I didn't think it was very good, but then again so did did Alvin and the chipmunks, so yeah, if shows like that can have movies, why not alf?
I hope the alf movie is something like sherk movies, it had a good balance of kid and adult humor, which I think is the reason why it got so popular.
Alflover24/7
Asteroid Polisher
ALF Fan Since: I was born

Post by Alflover24/7 »

Alf Winchester wrote:Sure ,we all know who Alf is. But not many younger audience ranging from 1-18 most likely have to idea who Alf is. Would the movie be ment more for adults or kids? Is the movie the best introduction of Alf to a younger audience?

I can only hope that this movie will not be a bust. We have had to many Alf related busts and do not need anymore. :|

In conclusion, i can not wait to see my favorite alien returing. Also i am looking forward to the movie! :)
Yup
He's quick I'll give him that!
mohsinj677
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1990

Post by mohsinj677 »

:P This post is so great and nice :P

pass4sure http://pass4sure.eu/
Pass4sure cissp training Pass4sure cissp training
Pass4sure ccie Pass4sure ccie
Pass4sure LX0-102 dumps Pass4sure LX0-102 dumps
Pass4sure 640-461 dumps Pass4sure 640-461 dumps
ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

mohsinj677 wrote::P This post is so great and nice :P

What other ALF outings do you consider a bust?

Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

well, there was the ALF talk show.
ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

Ninjadragon5 wrote:well, there was the ALF talk show.
To be fair though, not everyone thinks that show was a bust :wink:

robodog
Cat Wrangler

Post by robodog »

Before the show premiered none of us knew who Alf was either. But we got to know him by watching the show, became big fans and now here we are. It's very possible, more than likely actually, that the movie will create new fans.
Meddle not in the affairs of animatronic beasts for you are crunchy and make an excellent fuel source
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

ALFicionado wrote:
Ninjadragon5 wrote:well, there was the ALF talk show.
To be fair though, not everyone thinks that show was a bust :wink:
yeah, I mean I do give major kudos to fusco for trying to bring ALF back to mainstream media, but it honesty was a bust. but at least it brought ALF back from the land of obscurity for a little while.
robodog
Cat Wrangler

Post by robodog »

I don't think it was a bust because it was bad. I kind of enjoyed it. It was a bust because it really failed to bring Alf back to the mainstream. Hopefully the movie will succeed where the talk show failed.
Meddle not in the affairs of animatronic beasts for you are crunchy and make an excellent fuel source
ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

As far as quality goes, it wasn't a bust to me. I really enjoyed it.

Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

I'm not saying it was a bust because of the quality because in a way the quality was good, just saying it was bust because it did not last very long.
ALF'sgirl
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: June 24 2013

Post by ALF'sgirl »

One would hope that the movie would be for a younger audience; because if it isn't, I'll be absolutely crushed. Because next to Good Luck Charlie, ALF is my favorite sitcom of all time.
"You got a cat?"
vampirevsrobot
Asteroid Polisher

Post by vampirevsrobot »

Alf Winchester wrote:Sure ,we all know who Alf is. But not many younger audience ranging from 1-18 most likely have to idea who Alf is. Would the movie be ment more for adults or kids? Is the movie the best introduction of Alf to a younger audience?

Well "ALF" is a children's character really, I mean he's an Alien (puppet) from outer space who doesn't age, complete with sarcasm and zingers flown from left and right.

There's absolutely no reason, an "ALF" today couldn't relate to kids.

I mean serious, really?

I don't see why it couldn't even come back as a cartoon on one of the gazillion children's cable channels. Fusco and "Alien Productions" could split the merchandising licencing with the channel (or network) if the cost is a concern.

He doesn't belong in the 80's if you ask me, he just needs a popular venue to be reintroduced the public.

I think ALF would actually need this before parents today (who grew up watching ALF) took their children to see a movie featuring him.

This character is unstoppable.