Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

FUTURE??????????

Discuss ALF's Hit Talk Show here. If you can't find the answer to your question another forum member will be glad to help you.

Moderator: Administration Team

ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

FUTURE??????????

Post by ALFanatic »

If new episodes of "ALF's Hit Talk Show" are to continue without interruption on TV Land, additional new episodes should currently be in production; however, there has been no information about additional new episodes.

Anybody know anything about the future?

Mike
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

SAD NEWS!!!!

There will be no more new episodes of "ALF's Hit Talk Show". The following post was copied from ALF/ALF's Hit Talk Show Message Board at TV Land.com:

RE: ALF's Hit Talk Show

Date 04.07.05 8:17 PM

"Alf's Hit Talk Show" was put in production as a limited series. Unfortunately, the ratings for it did not warrant a renewal of production. Episodes are airing from time-to-time as part of TV Land Originals on Saturday morning.

TVLTheLink

Director, Community Operations

Nick-at-Nite TV Land Online

Mike
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

That is terrible news...I wish there could have been a few more episodes at least. Definitely not the comeback I was hoping for.

Even though the show didn't last long it did accomplish one thing (in my opinion) - it will help keep alive for a few more years. When I wear my ALF shirt people always tell me "I love ALF! His talk show is great." I'm glad to see that people still take a liking to our favorite alien.

Thanks for the update Mike.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
melmacian56
ALF Fan Since: Forever

Post by melmacian56 »

I think ALF's Hit Talk Show should have been put on a channel where it could have got a lot more exposure. I never got to see the talk show because it was never on TV Land here in Canada. The show should have been put on a channel where all of North America could have been able to view it. I'm sure it would have done very well in that way. I am saddened by the news of the end of the show. ALF is more popular today then it ever was and deserves more exposure.
"Oops, I made a boo boo".
LordHelmetJr
Cat Wrangler

Post by LordHelmetJr »

I'm sure something'll pop up at one point or another (too bad we can't call Doc Brown and take a little trip into the future to see, though). I think Paul Fusco'll keep finding something for the character until he dies (hopefully later than sooner). Perhaps if the rest of the cast feels up to it, they could have a reunion special on NBC like so many other former shows seem to nowadays.
melmacian56
ALF Fan Since: Forever

Post by melmacian56 »

I agree with you 110%. Even though Max Wright has been in trouble lately, I can't see why they couldn't have a reunion episode with him.

A reunion episode would be totally appropriate and I think it would rack up the viewers.
"Oops, I made a boo boo".
ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

I hope you can pardon my fench, but that sucks! (About the Hit Talk Show, the reunion show sounds great!)

Alf as a talkshow host is perfect! Wish it could be more shows made...
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
klintan
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by klintan »

AxelFoley wrote:I hope you can pardon my fench, but that sucks! (About the Hit Talk Show, the reunion show sounds great!)

Alf as a talkshow host is perfect! Wish it could be more shows made...

if we in in sweden only could wiew it i realy want to se it.