Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Employment Opportunity

Discuss ALF's Hit Talk Show here. If you can't find the answer to your question another forum member will be glad to help you.

Moderator: Administration Team

ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Employment Opportunity

Post by ALFanatic »

David Letterman's production company, Worldwide Pants, seeknig new host for "The Late, Late Show" broadcast on CBS, due to the unexpected departure of Craig Kilborn.

Anyone know how to contact Mr. Letterman to suggest ALF? :idea:

Mike
pris0n
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by pris0n »

I looked around on the CBS site a little. The link to email them on the Late Late Show homepage states at the bottom not to send character ideas or show suggestions.

All I could come up with is this page. Maybe if everyone who views the board can send them something. Who knows, maybe it might happen
ALFanatic

Post by ALFanatic »

prisOn,

Unlikey "CBS" link that you supplied of any value, since information I have been able to find indicates that Worldwide Pants, Inc. (Letterman's production company) owns all rights to "The Late, Late Show" and is solely responsible for all presonnel and content decisions.

Also, found article which states Worldwide Pants, Inc. currently looking to select new host for "The Late. Late Show" from the guest hosts that have appeared on the show, since the departure of Craig Kilborn.

Did quick "Google" search for "Worldwide Pants" and only contact information I was able find, as follows:

Worldwide Pants Inc. Company Profile

Worldwide Pants is the production company of late night TV talk show funny-man David Letterman. The company's shows include Letterman's namesake program, Everybody Loves Raymond, and The Late Late Show (formerly hosted by Craig Kilborn). Worldwide Pants expanded into film in 2004 when it announced its production of Strangers With Candy: The Movie, based on a Comedy Central television series.

Contact Information

Address: 1697 Broadway

New York, NY 10019

Phone: 212-975-5300

Fax: 212-975-4780

Key People

• President and CEO: Rob Burnett

Maybe we could all send Mr. Burnett "snail mail', or FAX, urging that ALF be added to the list of potential candidates being considered as new, permanent host of "The Late, Late Show".

With Letterman's apparent "wacky" sense of humor, who knows, they might just like the idea.

Perhaps, ALF could make history in the television indusry by being the only celebrity to host "two" talk shows at the same time.

Mike
ALFanatic

Post by ALFanatic »

Another Option:

Read where Conan O'Brien has been selected as eventual replacement for Jay Leno on "The Tonight Show" (NBC). This move will likely result in opening for host of "Late Show" (NBC).

ALF would be a natural to replace Conan O"Brien. Many viewers probably would not even notice the change, since ALF's fur and Conan's hair are almost the same color.

Mike
Dingodilelover
Cat Wrangler

Post by Dingodilelover »

ALF would be a much better host. I don't really like Conan (the only ones I watch are Letterman and Leno) so if they need to replace him, ALFanatic's idea is great.
"If Simon and Garfunkel don't like coffee, I'll be wondering where their taste buds went wrong." Quote from my comic strip's main character, Butch.
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

Definitely an excellent idea! Hopefully ALF's Hit Talk Show does well enough to make it onto "real" television (I don't mean "real" in a bad way...just in a non-cable TV way) --- onto one of the major networks would probably be a better way to phrase that. If the rest of the episodes are as good as the first one we'll still be in for a treat...even if the show doesn't make it big.
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com