Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

ALF's Hit Talk Show Returns in Oct. 2004 with allnew episode

Discuss ALF's Hit Talk Show here. If you can't find the answer to your question another forum member will be glad to help you.

Moderator: Administration Team

ALF's Hit Talk Show Returns in Oct. 2004 with allnew episode

Post by Guest »

TV LAND UNVEILS NEW SLATE OF ORIGINAL SERIES AND SPECIALS FOR CLASSIC TV LOVERS

“ALF’s Hit Talk Show” Pick-Up Announced

LOS ANGELES, CA, JULY 23, 2004 – In an on-going effort to celebrate all things Classic TV, TV Land, cable’s only 24-hour home to the best of everything television, today unveiled a variety of originals that will grace the network throughout the remainder of 2004. Among the original programs slated for TV Land include: new episodes of “ALF’s Hit Talk Show,” – which the network first aired as a pilot on July 7, 2004; “Emmy’s Greatest Moments,” a look at some of the most unforgettable highlights from five decades of the popular awards ceremony; “TV Guide and TV Land Present: The 100 Most Memorable TV Moments,” a five-part look at extraordinary milestones from television history and “Living in TV Land,” which chronicles the daily lives of noted television performers; and several others. The announcement was made today by Larry W. Jones, President of TV Land and Nick at Nite.

Following up on TV Land’s December, 2003 commitment to add originals to the network’s proven Classic TV line-up, TV Land will continue to offer specials and series that complement its programming mix of Classic TV favorites ranging from “The Andy Griffith Show,” to “All in the Family” to “The Carol Burnett Show.” TV Land’s mission to produce TV shows about TV and that are TV referential have yielded several critically acclaimed programs including “TV Land Moguls,” “The TV Land Awards: A Celebration of Classic TV” and “The Dick Van Dyke Show, Revisited,” TV Land Productions first original special for broadcast which premiered on CBS prior to being shown on TV Land.

In making today’s announcement, Jones unveiled the following upcoming originals:

“TV Land Convention Special” (Premieres August 4)

This behind-the-scenes look at the first annual TV Land Convention includes some of Classic Television’s biggest stars and the fans that passionately love them – Tim Conway, Larry Hagman, Carl Reiner and a reunion of several members of the original cast of “Laugh-In.” The special is produced for TV Land by Robert Small (“MTV Unplugged”).

“Living in TV Land: Dick Van Patten” (Premieres August 18)

This initial installment of “Living in TV Land” centers around veteran actor, Dick Van Patten, as he goes to the racetrack with Jack Klugman and Tim Conway, spends the day playing tennis with Alan Thicke and Bernie Koppell and attends a Classic TV poker tournament with instantly recognizable TV stars including Barry Williams, Susan Olsen, Ted Lange and Jeff Conaway. The series is developed and executive produced for TV Land by TV Land executive, Sal Maniaci, and is being produced by Craig Nevius (“Black Scorpion”) of Windmill Entertainment.

“TV Land Presents: Emmy’s Greatest Moments” (Premieres September 15)

TV Land has been granted rare one-hour access to the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences’ vaults to look back at Emmy Awards highlights where the television community came together to honor its own and invited us along for the ride. The show is executive produced by Gary Smith (AFI’s 100 Years…100 Movies).

“Inside TV Land: Primetime Politics” (Premieres October 27)

This one-hour special examines the role of politics throughout television history. From “Laugh-In” to “Family Ties” to “Murphy Brown,” “Primetime Politics,” produced exclusively for TV Land by Linda Ellerbee’s Lucky Duck Productions, gives viewers a view of the political landscape as seen through the lens of primetime television.

“ALF’s Hit Talk Show” (Premieres October TBD)

Television’s most popular alien has landed back on earth and is making his triumphant return to primetime as the host of his own talk show. Each 30-minute installment features signature ALF observations on pop culture, current events and interviews with celebrity guests. The show is executive produced for TV Land by Paul Fusco (“ALF”) and Burt Dubrow (“The Tom Green Show,” “Sally Jessy Raphael”).

“TV Land’s Top Ten: TV Cars” (Premieres October TBD)

This one-hour special is the latest installment of TV Land’s “Top 10” series and highlights some of the most unique and fascinating automobiles in television history -- from the Batmobile featured in “Batman” to General Lee from the “Dukes of Hazzard” to the “Koach” car on the popular sitcom, “The Munsters” -- and the stories behind them. Additional upcoming installments will be unveiled shortly.

“TV Guide and TV Land Present: The 100 Most Memorable TV Moments” (Premieres December 6-10)

In partnership with TV Guide, TV Land takes a comprehensive look at the extraordinary moments experienced only through television. From Neil Armstrong’s historic walk on the moon to Michael Jackson’s moonwalk to John F. Kennedy’s assassination in Dallas to “Who Shot J.R.?” on “Dallas,” this countdown special showcases the moments we all remember. Presented in five one-hour installments, this special is produced by Gay Rosenthal Productions.

“TV Land is clearly establishing itself as a destination for fans of contemporary programming with a classic TV twist,” explains Jones. “Each of these upcoming originals take the experience of celebrating classic TV to a whole new level. Our goal in making these is to create originals that celebrate and honor everything we love about the best television ever made.”
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

Article by "Guest" announcing new episodes of "ALF's HIT TALK SHOW" premiering in October, was copied from press release appearing 7/23/04, in YAHOO Financial News.

Link:

[404 error, link removed by Admin on 8-8-05]

Looks like it is official. ALF IS BACK!

Mike
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

All I can say is that I'm speechless...the moment we've been waiting for is arriving.

Post by Guest »

oh my god i just read this and ...... please someone tell me again that ALF is back on tv ? ANd that those talkshows will air every week (month?). woooooooohhoooooo

alex
fapiano
Apprentice Lint Brush

Post by fapiano »

excuse me i thought i was logged in when i posted above, but unfortunately i posted as a guest.

alex
chao ... arrivederci ... goodbye ... and good night mrs ochmonek where ever you are
ALFanatic
RIP 1944-2010, Former Asst. Admin

Post by ALFanatic »

Alex,

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully, TV Land will soon be releasing updated information concerning the new episodes of "ALF's HIT TALK SHOW" that were tentatively announced to premier sometime in October.

With any luck, we all should again be watching ALF on TV (TV Land cable network) before the arrival of Fapiano.

Mike