Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

Digital TV Recording?

Discuss ALF's Hit Talk Show here. If you can't find the answer to your question another forum member will be glad to help you.

Moderator: Administration Team

SacrifyX
Apprentice Lint Brush
ALF Fan Since: 1989

Digital TV Recording?

Post by SacrifyX »

I know Alf's Hit Talk Show isn't on DVD officially, and that's extremely unfortunate.
I have a terrible quality bootleg DVD-R copy. The only benefit that it has is the fact that it still has the original commercials intact, and being a completist (and nostalgic), it's cool to see them.
But it looks like some awful quality VHS tape source that was recorded in LP Mode on a really cheap VCR.
This show was from 2004, and I have a DVD Recorder from 2003 (which still works believe it or not).
Anyway, did anyone catch the show straight digital (Satellite-To-DVD Recorder) by any chance?
I doubt TV Land will ever release the show on DVD, or even air the episodes again, although if they do air it again I will be ready to record it this time.
I know I can watch some episodes online in .mp4 or .avi format, and I know some segments are partially on YouTube, but I would like to have some higher quality DVD-R recordings.
I have a huge collection of early TV-related stuff, including some rare Alf and Paul Fusco stuff, I have some original Alf episodes that aired on FOX (along with Amazing Stories: Season 2 and Married With Children), plus way more.

I've been looking everywhere, but it seems like everyone has the same bad quality bootleg copy I have unfortunately.