Back Forward Stop Play

Active Topics

ALF talk show why was it cancel?

Discuss ALF's Hit Talk Show here. If you can't find the answer to your question another forum member will be glad to help you.

Moderator: Administration Team

alfonthehub2013
Cat Wrangler
ALF Fan Since: 1993

ALF talk show why was it cancel?

Post by alfonthehub2013 »

Really why was the show cancelled it was a hit and had thousands of fans and lots of celebrities that were fans of ALF I don't think it was fair for who ever cancelled it to dismiss the show. It just needed a little more things of ALF doing stuff in matches of today's world the 80s were great now to add a little of 2000s in ALF. Maybe getting ALF back in stores like the show being back on TV on the Hub channel would work. MORE ALF MERCHANDISE IN STORES MORE ALF ANYWHERE and EVERYWHERE I want ALF back on his hit show. PERIOD!!!!!!
Natassja Phillips

"You crawl under people's houses, you hear things!"
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard
ALF Fan Since: 2002

Re: ALF talk show why was it cancel?

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

I think I have a good idea why, after watch it again on youtube, I found kind of boring. don't get me wrong, I do like the show, but at the same time it was kind of dull. the guest celebrities they had on it were kind of unknown and the skits that were in it were kind of corny and as for alf himself, he does some real good jokes in it from time to time, but just does not hold the same charm as the sitcom. and I found out half of the live audience you see in the show are just extras getting paid to just sit through the show. it was mix of both old and new stuff and really made the show kind of a mess. I do give major kudos to paul for trying to bring alf back, but it was just not the right time for it to happen.
let's face it, I'm unforgettable!
alfonthehub2013
Cat Wrangler

That is why I would like to see ALF doing more things that people find funny in todays world of comedy maybe even had some ALF bloopers or show videos of celebrities at their best and worst. Have them show off a special talent or stunt. Things could have been done to spice up that hit show. They should give ALF another chance seriously!!!
Natassja Phillips

Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

yeah, I agree, the show would have been a whole lot more successful in ALF caught up with todays's world of comedy and better celebrity guests.
alfonthehub2013
Cat Wrangler

Hope Paul thinks about it and tries again real soon saying ALFa hit show is back with more so no and so on .
Natassja Phillips

ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

Post by ALFicionado »

I think the show was funny and worked pretty well. I wouldn'y say the guests were unknown, far from it. They may not have been A-list stars though, but it was a talk show on TV Land, so having a lot of guests from former hit shows and so on was a conscious decision on their part.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

to each his own I suppose, some things did work for it while some things did not. I guess the guests on the show were pretty unknown to me because I didn't know them that well, the only one I knew well was that guy the was the show the sopranos.
ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

Eyyy, you're not aware of The Fonz? :shock:

Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

no, never really watched that show. plus I didn't grow up in the 80s, so there are a lot of 80s shows I didn't know about.
alfonthehub2013
Cat Wrangler

Oh no Fonz from HAPPY DAYS passed away, I did not know that I use to watch that on NickatNite back in the middle 90s, he was my favorite character. May he as well Rest in Peace!!! I also saw him on the ALF'S Hit Show when ALF was making fun of how he dressed and look and he came on as a surprise for the audience and he sat ALF straight.
Natassja Phillips

Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

he died?! dang, that is sad. may he rest in peace. :(
Suburban_Sensei
Cat Wrangler
ALF Fan Since: 1991

Post by Suburban_Sensei »

alfonthehub2013 wrote:Oh no Fonz from HAPPY DAYS passed away, I did not know that I use to watch that on NickatNite back in the middle 90s, he was my favorite character. May he as well Rest in Peace!!! I also saw him on the ALF'S Hit Show when ALF was making fun of how he dressed and look and he came on as a surprise for the audience and he sat ALF straight.
I don't think Henry Winkler is dead. I hadn't heard any news on it, so I looked up IMDB and just checked a few search engines, and couldn't find any articles about it, except one saying there was some internet hoax about his death. So, I know I am happy to hear he is still alive and well, because he is a funny, funny man, especially at his old age.
ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

Ninjadragon5 wrote:no, never really watched that show. plus I didn't grow up in the 80s, so there are a lot of 80s shows I didn't know about.
I didn't really either, I was born in 1985. Anyway, Happy Days was more of a 70's show. Managed to watch reruns in my early teens and loved it right away.
alfonthehub2013 wrote:Oh no Fonz from HAPPY DAYS passed away, I did not know that I use to watch that on NickatNite back in the middle 90s, he was my favorite character. May he as well Rest in Peace!!! I also saw him on the ALF'S Hit Show when ALF was making fun of how he dressed and look and he came on as a surprise for the audience and he sat ALF straight.
Please try to get confirmation about a celeb death before posting, you scared me there for a while. Winkler is one of those guys you never imagine will leave us.

alfonthehub2013
Cat Wrangler

Yeah sorry about that, I was looking at the picture and the rest in peace letters and thought it was for him, but thanks for the advice I will take that into consideration indeed.
Natassja Phillips

Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

ALFicionado wrote:
Ninjadragon5 wrote:no, never really watched that show. plus I didn't grow up in the 80s, so there are a lot of 80s shows I didn't know about.
I didn't really either, I was born in 1985. Anyway, Happy Days was more of a 70's show. Managed to watch reruns in my early teens and loved it right away.

I see. yeah, I was born in 1987 and the only reason why I fell in love with Alf because my mom watched the reruns a lot.
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

^ Just for clarification, were you born in 85 or 87?
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com
Ninjadragon5
Senior Orbit Guard

Post by Ninjadragon5 »

oops, sorry the quote thing got messed up. I was born in 87.
David4
Asteroid Polisher
ALF Fan Since: 7 or 8 Years Old

Post by David4 »

I would love to see it back. I loved Alf’s Hit Talk Show. If anyone has any ideas for some new shows? Please post them in the subject at the very top of this board. The subject is ideas for some new shows. My idea was an Alf reunion show. But Mr Tanner died about a year or two ago. There might be a few other cast members dead too. But I’m not sure and according to the administrator. Some of them also retired from acting. So an Alf reunion show might not work. But it’s alright. I’ve also got some ideas about the schedule. Time frame and airing and if Paul Fusco comes to the forums? I’m going to see if I could maybe get in touch with him about it. So let me know what you think about my idea and post your ideas for some new shows right at the top everybody. I would love to read them. They could also include a good replacement announcer for Ed McMahon. Since he’s no longer with us and maybe we could also start a pattion too.