82%

Total votes: 11

ALFicionado
Asst. Admin, formerly AxelFoley
ALF Fan Since: 1988 (re-born fan 2003)

#2: Strangers in the Night

Post by ALFicionado »

Production #1004 - 29 Sep 86

Willie and Kate reluctantly agree to leave ALF and Brian at home while their nosey neighbor, Mrs. Ochmonek, babysits, and although ALF has strict orders to stay hidden in the bedroom he can't resist having some fun with the nervous sitter.

Written By: Paul Fusco and Thad Mumford
Directed By: Peter Bonerz

Guest Cast: Larry Hankin (Burgler)

Title: The title is derived from a Frank Sinatra song with the same name.
R.I.P. Mike AKA ALFanatic - You'll be missed.

Visit ALFanatic - my new fansite: http://www.alfanatic.webs.com/
ALFicionado

Re: #2: Strangers in the Night

Post by ALFicionado »

ALF was on a roll with this two great episodes on a road. This one easily gets a 5-star rating from me, it's one of the best episodes of the season IMO. Stand out moments for me are:

1. When ALF tries to climb out of the window and it hits him on his neck first, then his hands. ALF's reaction to the pain is priceless!
2. ALF dressing up in one of Kate's dresses. This episode is one of my girlfriends favorite almost based solely on that moment in the episode, she thinks it's the cutest thing she's ever seen.

I also like that we get to see a lot of both Raquel and Trevor Ochmonek in this episode, it's always a hoot when they make an appearance.

There's something special about this episode, it feels more cosy than many other ALF episodes somehow. Maybe it's because the whole episode takes place during the night and mostly in the dark? That could be it. I love the mood throughout the episode, it makes it stand out IMO.

Classic episode, probably in my Top 10 list.

ALFsince86
RIP, 1974-2011
ALF Fan Since: 1986

Post by ALFsince86 »

This is an excellent episode. If I sat down, thought about it, and made a Top Ten List of the best ALF episodes, this would absolutely appear. Very creatively written and a thorough introduction of the Ochmoneks. It's hard to select what I like most about it, because so many of the scenes were outstanding. I suppose the best portion for me is when ALF orders the pizza. I also like the phrase "I'll be go-to-the-market".

Just as a fun fact, this was only the first time ALF goes up against a burglar. He does it at least one more time on the series (in Season Two) and several times in the comic book series, most notably in #4--the first appearance of the Fantastic Fur!
ALFicionado

Post by ALFicionado »

Whoa, I see that this is definitely a fan favorite. Five votes so far and all of them are the highest grade! This new feature will prove to be very interesting.

I agree with what you said about the introduction of the Ochmonek's, this episode really nailed their characters.

Iggy
Phlegm Dealer

Post by Iggy »

This is one of my top 10 episodes as well, great stuff from start to the final joke on Raquel's account :wink:
On the 82nd day of Christmas my true love gave to me 81 cats a-Broiling, 80 cats a-Baking,
79 cats a-Toasting, 78 cats a-Boiling, 77 cats a-Sizzling, 76 cats a-Poaching...
Jessica
Orbit Guard Commander

Post by Jessica »

I think that episode is awesome. :)
Mystiness EX
Cat Wrangler
ALF Fan Since: 2006

Post by Mystiness EX »

I agree this episode is really good. It has such memorable jokes too. I like the jigsaw puzzle one where ALF goes "It's broken" and Willie tells him it's the objective of the game to put it back together and he was like "Why? I didn't break it." 20 ROFLs for that.

And the business of Willie calling too.

"Why do you keep picking up the phone?"

"You keep calling."

P.S. I really like this feature. Thanks, Admins!
Admin
Forum Admin
ALF Fan Since: September 1986

Post by Admin »

Thanks!

You'll also notice on the episode guides page that there is a link to "rate" the episode. The sitcom episode guide is one of the more popular pages on the website, so hopefully when people find their way there they will have interest in rating the episode and seeing what others think here at the forum. Hopefully more traffic in the long run.

http://www.alftv.com/episodeguides/sitcom.php
ALF TV | The Official Unofficial ALF Fan Site!
http://www.alftv.com